- My litle chyldren, these thynges write I vnto you, that ye sinne not.
And yf any man sinne, we haue an aduocate with the father, Iesus Christe the ryghteous.
- And he is ye attonement for our sinnes: not for our sinnes only, but also for the sinnes of all the worlde.
- And hereby we are sure that we knowe hym, yf we kepe his comaundementes.
- He that sayth I knowe hym, and kepeth not his commaundementes, is a lyer, and the veritie is not in hym:
- But who so kepeth his worde, in him is the loue of God perfect in deede.
Hereby knowe we that we are in hym.
- He that sayth he bydeth in him, ought to walke euen as he walked.
- Brethren, I write no newe comaundement vnto you, but that olde comaundement which ye haue had from the begynnyng.
The olde commaundement is the worde which ye haue hearde fro the begynnyng.
- Agayne, a newe commaundement I write vnto you, that is true in hym, and [the same is true] also in you: For the darkenesse is past, and the true lyght nowe shyneth.
- He that sayth howe that he is in the lyght, and yet hateth his brother, is in darkenesse, euen vntyll this tyme.
- He that loueth his brother, abydeth in the lyght, and there is none occasion of euyll in hym.
- He that hateth his brother, is in darknesse, and walketh in darkenesse, & can not tell whyther he goeth, because that darkenesse hath blynded his eyes.
- Babes I write vnto you, because your sinnes are forgeuen you for his names sake.
- I write vnto you fathers, because ye haue knowen hym that is from the begynnyng.
I write vnto you young men, because you haue ouercome the wicked.
- I write to you little chyldren, because ye haue knowe the father.
I haue written to you fathers, because ye haue knowen hym that is from the begynnyng.
I haue written vnto you young men, because, ye are stronge, and the worde of God abydeth in you, and ye haue ouercome the wicked.
- See that ye loue not the worlde, neither the thynges that are in the worlde.
If any man loue the worlde, the loue of the father is not in hym.
- For all that is in the worlde, as the lust of the fleshe, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the father, but of the worlde.
- And the worlde passeth away, and the luste thereof: but he that fulfylleth the wyll of God, abydeth for euer.
- Litle chyldren, it is the last time, and as ye haue hearde howe that antichrist shall come, euen nowe are there many antichristes, whereby we knowe that it is the last tyme.
- They went out from vs, but they were not of vs: For yf they had ben of vs, they woulde no doubt haue continued with vs: But that it myght appeare that they were not of vs.
- Neuerthelesse, ye haue an oyntment of hym that is holy, and ye knowe all thynges.
- I haue not written vnto you, as though ye knewe not the trueth: but because ye knowe it, and that no lye is of the trueth.
- Who is a lyer, but he that denieth that Iesus is Christe?
The same is antichrist that denyeth the father and the sonne.
- Whosoeuer denyeth the sonne, the same hath not the father [But he that knowledgeth the sonne, hath the father also.]
- Let therfore abyde in you, that same whiche ye hearde from the begynnyng.
If that whiche ye hearde from the begynnyng shall remayne in you, ye also shall continue in the sonne, and in the father.
- And this is the promise that he hath promised vs, euen eternall lyfe.
- These thynges haue I written vnto you, concerning them that deceaue you:
- And the annoyntyng whiche ye haue receaued of hym dwelleth in you: And ye nede not that any man teach you, but as the same annoynting teacheth you of all thynges, and it is true, and not lying: and as it taught you, ye shall abyde in it.
- And nowe babes abide in him, that when he shal appeare, we may be bolde and not be made ashamed of hym at his commyng.
- If ye knowe that he is ryghteous, knowe also that euery one whiche doth righteousnes, is borne of hym.