- Whosoeuer beleueth that Iesus is Christe, is borne of God: And euerie one that loueth him which begat, loueth hym also which is begotten of hym.
- By this we knowe that we loue the chyldren of God, when we loue God, and kepe his commaundementes.
- For this is the loue of God, that we kepe his commaundementes, and his commaundementes are not greeuous.
- For all that is borne of God, ouercommeth the worlde.
And this is the victorie that ouercommeth ye worlde, [euen] our fayth.
- Who is it that ouercommeth ye worlde, but he which beleueth that Iesus is the sonne of God?
- This Iesus Christe, is he that came by water and blood: not by water only, but by water and blood.
And it is the spirite that beareth witnesse, because the spirite is trueth.
- For there are three which beare recorde in heauen, the father, the worde, and the holy ghost, and these three are one.
- And there are three which beare recorde in earth, the spirite, and water, and blood, and these three agree in one.
- If we receaue the witnesse of men, the witnesse of God is greater: For this is the witnesse of God [that is greater] which he testified of his sonne.
- He that beleueth on the sonne of God, hath the witnesse in hym selfe: He that beleueth not God, hath made hym a lyer, because he beleued not the recorde that God gaue of his sonne.
- And this is the recorde, how that God hath geuen vnto vs eternall lyfe, and this lyfe, is in his sonne.
- He that hath the sonne, hath lyfe: and he that hath not the sonne of God, hath not lyfe.
- These thynges haue I written vnto you that beleue on ye name of the sonne of God, that ye may knowe howe that ye haue eternall lyfe, and that ye may beleue on the name of the sonne of God.
- And this is the trust that we haue in hym: that yf we aske any thyng accordyng to his wyll, he heareth vs.
- And yf we knowe that he heare vs, whatsoeuer we aske: we know that we haue ye petitions that we desire of hym.
- If any man see his brother sinne a sinne not vnto death, let hym aske, and he shal geue him life for them that sinne not vnto death.
There is a sinne vnto death: I say not that thou shouldest pray for it.
- All vnrighteousnes is sinne: and there is sinne vnto death.
- We knowe that whosoeuer is borne of God, sinneth not: but he that is begotten of God, kepeth hym selfe, and that wicked toucheth hym not.
- We knowe that we are of God, & the whole worlde lieth in wickednesse.
- We knowe that the sonne of God is come, & hath geuen vs a minde to know hym which is true: and we are in hym that is true, through his sonne Iesus Christe.
This same is very God, and eternall lyfe.
- Babes kepe your selues from idols.