- Furthermore we besech you brethren, & exhorte you by the Lorde Iesus, that ye encrease more and more, as ye haue receaued of vs, how ye ought to walke and to please God.
- For ye knowe what commaundementes we gaue you by the Lorde Iesus.
- For this is the wyll of God, your holynesse, that ye should abstayne from fornication:
- That euery one of you should knowe how to possesse his vessell in holynesse and honour:
- Not in the lust of concupiscence, euen as the gentiles, which knowe not God.
- That no man oppresse and defraude his brother in [any] matter, because that the Lorde is the auenger of all suche: as we also haue forewarned you, and testified.
- For God hath not called vs vnto vncleanenesse, but into holynesse.
- He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath geuen to you his holy spirite.
- But as touchyng brotherly loue, ye nede not that I write vnto you: For ye are taught of God to loue one another.
- Yea and that thyng veryly ye do vnto all ye brethren which [are] in al Macedonia: But we beseche you brethren, that ye encrease more and more:
- And that ye studie to be quiet, and to do your owne [busynesse] and to worke with your owne handes as we commaunded you:
- That ye may walke honestly toward them that are without, & that nothyng be lackyng in you.
- But I woulde not haue you to be ignoraunt brethren, concernyng them which sleepe, that ye sorowe not euen as other, which haue no hope.
- For yf we beleue that Iesus dyed and rose agayne: euen so them also whiche sleepe by Iesus, wyll God bryng with hym.
- For this say we vnto you in the worde of the Lorde, that we whiche lyue, remayning vnto the comyng of the Lord, shall not preuent them which sleepe.
- For the Lorde hym selfe shal descende from heauen in a shoute, [and] in the voyce of the Archangell, and in the trumpe of God: And the dead in Christ shall aryse first.
- Than we which lyue, which remaine, shalbe caught vp together with them in the cloudes, to meete the Lorde in the ayre: And so shall we euer be with the Lorde.
- Wherfore comfort your selues one another in these wordes.