- It is not expedient doubtles, for me to glorie, I wyl come to visions & reuelations of the Lorde.
- For I knew a ma in Christe, aboue xiiij.
yeres ago, (whether [he were] in the body I can not tell, or whether [he were] out of the body, I can not tell, God knoweth) that he was taken vp into the thirde heauen:
- And I knewe the same man (whether in the body or out of the body, I can not tell, God knoweth)
- Howe that he was take vp into paradise, & hearde vnspeakeable wordes, which is not lawfull for man to vtter.
- Of such a man wyll I glorie, yet of my selfe wyll I not glorie, but in myne infirmities.
- For though I woulde desire to glorie, I shall not be a foole, for I wyll say the trueth: but I nowe refrayne, lest any man shoulde thynke of me, aboue that which he seeth me to be, or yt he heareth of me.
- And lest I shoulde be exalted out of measure through the aboundaunce of the reuelations, there was geuen vnto me a pricke to the fleshe, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, because I should not be exalted out of measure.
- For this thyng besought I the Lorde thryse, that it myght depart from me.
- And he sayde vnto me: My grace is sufficient for thee.
For my strength is made perfect in weakenesse.
Most gladly therfore, I wyll rather glorie in my infirmities, that the power of Christ myght dwell in me.
- Therfore haue I delectation in infirmities, in rebukes, in necessities, in persecutions, in anguishes for Christes sake: For when I am weake, then am I strong.
- I am become a foole [in] gloriyng.
Ye haue compelled me: for I ought to haue ben commended of you.
For nothyng was I inferiour vnto the chiefe Apostles, though I be nothyng,
- Truely the signes of an Apostle were wrought among you, in all patience, and signes, and wonders, and myghtie deedes.
- For what is it, wherin ye were inferiour vnto other Churches, except [it be] that I was not chargeable vnto you?
Forgeue me this wrong.
- Beholde, nowe the thirde tyme I am redy to come vnto you, and yet wyll I not be chargeable vnto you: For I seke not yours, but you.
For the children ought not to lay vp for the fathers and mothers: but the fathers and mothers for the chyldren.
- I wyll very gladly bestowe, & wylbe bestowed for your sakes, though the more aboundauntly I loue you, the lesse I am loued agayne.
- But be it, [that] I was not chargeable vnto you: Neuerthelesse, when I was craftie, I caught you with guile.
- Dyd I pyll you by any of them who I sent vnto you?
- I desired Titus, and with hym I sent a brother: Dyd Titus defraude you of any thyng?
Haue we not walked in the same spirite?
not in the same steppes?
- Agayne, thynke you that we excuse our selues vnto you?
We speake in Christ in the syght of God: but [we do] all thinges dearely beloued, for your edifiyng.
- For I feare lest when I come, I shall not fynde you such as I woulde: and that I shalbe founde vnto you, such as ye woulde not: lest there be debates, enuyinges, wrathes, strifes, backbitinges, whisperinges, swellinges, & seditions:
- And that when I come agayne, my God bryng me lowe among you, and I shall bewayle many of the which haue sinned alredy, and haue not repented of the vncleannesse, and fornication, and wantonnes, which they haue comitted.