- We also as helpers exhorte you, that ye receaue not the grace of God in vayne.
- For he saith: I haue heard thee in a tyme accepted, and in the day of saluation haue I suckoured thee.
Beholde, nowe is that accepted tyme, beholde nowe is that day of saluation:
- Let vs geue none occasion of euyll in any thyng, that the ministerie be not blamed:
- But in all thynges let vs behaue our selues as ye ministers of God, in much pacience, in afflictions, in necessities, in anguisshes,
- In stripes, in prisonmentes, in strifes, in labours,
- In watchynges, in fastinges, in purenesse, in knowledge, in long suffryng, in kyndnesse, in the holy ghost, in loue vnfaigned:
- In the worde of trueth, in the power of God, by the armour of righteousnes, of the ryght hande and on the lefte,
- By honour and dishonour, by euyll report and good report, as deceauers and yet true,
- As vnknowen, and yet knowen, as dying, and beholde we lyue, as chastened, and not kylled,
- As sorowyng, and yet alway merie: as poore, and yet make many riche: as hauyng nothyng, and yet possessyng all thynges.
- O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open vnto you, our heart is made large:
- Ye are in no strayte in vs, but are in a straite in your owne bowels.
- I promise you lyke rewarde as vnto children: Set your selues at large,
- And beare not ye a straunge yoke with the vnbeleuers.
For what felowship hath righteousnesse with vnrighteousnesse?
Or what communion hath lyght with darkenesse?
- Or what concorde hath Christe with belyall?
Eyther what part hath he that beleueth, with an infidell?
- Or howe agreeth the temple of God with images?
For ye are the temple of the lyuing God, as saide God, I wyll dwell in them, & walke in [them] & wyll be their God, & they shalbe my people.
- Wherfore come out fro among them, and separate your selues from them (saith the Lorde) and touche none vncleane thyng, and I wyll receaue you,
- And wyll be a father vnto you, and ye shalbe my sonnes and daughters, saith the Lorde almightie.