- The elder to the elect Lady & her chyldren, whom I loue in the trueth: and not I only, but also all that haue knowen ye trueth:
- For the truthes sake which dwelleth in vs, and shalbe in vs for euer:
- Grace be with you, mercie, and peace from God the father, & from the Lorde Iesus Christe the sonne of the father, in trueth and loue.
- I reioyced greatly, that I founde of thy chyldren walkyng in trueth, as we haue receaued a commaundement of the father.
- And nowe beseche I thee Lady, not as though I wrote a newe commaundement vnto thee: but that same which we haue had from the begynnyng, that we shoulde loue one another.
- And this is the loue, that we shoulde walke after his comaundement.
This commaundement is, that as ye haue hearde from the begynnyng, ye shoulde walke in it.
- For many deceauers are entred into the worlde, which confesse not that Iesus Christe is come in the fleshe.
This is a deceauer and an antichriste.
- Loke on your selues, that we loose not that we haue wrought: but that we may haue a full rewarde.
- Whosoeuer transgresseth, and bideth not in the doctrine of Christe, hath not God: He that endureth in the doctrine of Christe, hath both the father and the sonne.
- If there come any vnto you, and bring not this learnyng, hym receaue not to house: neither byd hym God speede.
- For he that byddeth hym God speede, is partaker of his euyll deedes.
- I had many thynges to write vnto you: neuerthelesse, I woulde not write with paper & inke, but I trust to come vnto you, and speake with you mouth to mouth, that our ioy may be full.
- The sonnes of thy elect sister greete thee.