- We besech you brethren, by the comming of our Lorde Iesus Christe, and by our assembling vnto hym,
- That ye be not sodenlye moued from [your] minde, nor be troubled, neither by spirite, nor by worde, nor yet by letter, as from vs, as though the daye of Christe were at hande.
- Let no man deceaue you by any meanes, for [the Lorde shall not come] excepte there come a fallyng away first, & that that man of sinne be reuealed, the sonne of perdition,
- [Whiche is] an aduersarie, and is exalted aboue all that is called God, or that is worshipped: so that he as God, sitteth in the temple of God, shewing hym selfe that he is God.
- Remember ye not, that when I was yet with you, I tolde you these thynges?
- And nowe ye knowe what withholdeth, that he myght be reuealed in his tyme.
- For the misterie of iniquitie doth alredie worke, tyll he whiche nowe onlye letteth, be taken out of the way.
- And then shall that wicked be reuealed, whom the Lorde shall consume with the spirite of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightnesse of his commyng:
- [Euen hym] whose commyng is after the workyng of Satan, in all power & signes, and wonders, of lying,
- And in all deceauablenesse of vnryghteousnesse, in them that peryshe: because they receaued not the loue of the trueth, that they myght be saued.
- And therefore God shall sende them strong delusion, that they should beleue lyes:
- That all they myght be dampned whiche beleued not the trueth, but had pleasure in vnryghteousnes.
- But we are bounde to geue thankes alway to God for you, brethren beloued of the Lorde, because that God hath fro the begynnyng chosen you to saluation in sanctifiyng of the spirite, & [in] fayth of the trueth:
- Wherevnto he called you by our Gospell, to the obteyning of the glorie of our Lorde Iesus Christe.
- Therfore brethren stande fast, and holde the ordinaunces whiche ye haue ben taught, whether it were by our preachyng, or by our epistle.
- Our Lorde Iesus Christe, and God and our father, whiche hath loued vs, and hath geuen vs euerlastyng consolation, and good hope in grace,
- Comfort your heartes, and stablysshe you in all good saying and doyng.