- I testifie therefore before God, & the Lorde Iesus Christe, which shall iudge the quicke and the dead at his appearyng, and his kingdome.
- Preache the worde, be instant in season, out of season: Improue, rebuke, exhort in all long sufferyng and doctrine.
- For the tyme wyll come, when they shall not suffer wholsome doctrine: but after their owne lustes, shal they whose eares itche, get the an heape of teachers:
- And shall turne away their hearyng from the trueth, and shalbe turned vnto fables.
- But watche thou in all thynges, suffer afflictions, do the worke of an Euangelist, fulfyll thy ministerie:
- For I am nowe redie to be offered, & the tyme of my dissolution is at hande.
- I haue fought a good fyght, I haue fulfylled [my] course, I haue kept ye faith.
- Hencefoorth there is layde vp for me a crowne of ryghteousnesse, which the Lorde, the ryghteous iudge, shall geue me at that day: not to me only, but vnto the also yt haue loued his appearyng.
- Do thy diligence to come shortly vnto me.
- For Demas hath forsaken me, hauing loued this present worlde, and is departed vnto Thessalonica, Crescens to Galatia, Titus vnto Dalmatia.
- Only Luke is with me.
Takyng Marke and bryng him with thee, for he is profitable vnto me for ye ministration.
- And Tychicus haue I sent to Ephesus.
- The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, whe thou commest bring with thee, and the bookes, but specially the parchementes.
- Alexander the coppersmith shewed me much euyll: The Lorde rewarde hym accordyng to his deedes.
- Of whom be thou ware also: For he hath greatly withstande our preaching.
- At my first aunsweryng, no man assisted me, but all forsoke me, [I pray God] yt it may not be layde to their charges:
- Notwithstandyng, the Lorde assisted me, and strengthed me, that by me the preachyng should be fulfylled to the vtmost, and that all the gentiles should heare, and I was deliuered out of the mouth of the Lion.
- And the Lorde shall delyuer me from euery euyll worke, & will preserue me vnto his heauenly kingdome: To who [be] prayse for euer and euer.
- Salute Prisca and Aquila, and the housholde of Onesiphorus.
- Erastus abode at Corinthum: But Trophimus haue I left at Miletum sicke.
- Do thy diligece to come before winter.
Eubolus greeteth thee, and Pudens, & Linus, and Claudia, & all the brethre.
- The Lorde Iesus Christe [be] with thy spirite: Grace be with you.
[The seconde epistle vnto Timothe, was written from Rome, when Paul was presented the seconde tyme vnto the Emperour Nero.]