- Heare this worde that the Lord pronounceth against you O children of Israel [euen] against the whole familie whiche I brought vp from the lande of Egypt, saying:
- You only haue I knowen of al the families of the earth, therfore I will visite you for all your iniquities.
- Can two walke together, except they be agreed?
- Wyll a lion roare in the forest when he hath no pray?
or wil a lions whelpe crye out of his denne, if he haue taken nothing?
- Can a birde fal in a snare vpon the earth where no fouler is?
or wil he take vp the snare from the earth, and haue taken nothing at all?
- Or shall a trumpet be blowen in the citie, & the people be not afrayde?
or shall there be euyll in a citie, and the Lorde hath not done it?
- Surely the Lord God wil do nothing, but he reuealeth his secrete vnto his seruauntes the prophetes.
- The lion hath roared, who wil not be afrayde?
The Lorde God hath spoken, who can but prophecie?
- Proclame in the palaces at Asdod, and in the palaces in the lande of Egypt, and say: Assemble your selues vpon the mountaynes of Samaria, and beholde the great tumultes in the mids thereof, and the oppressed in the mids therof:
- For they know not to do right, sayth the Lorde, they store vp violence and robberie in their palaces.
- Therfore thus sayth the Lord God, An aduersarie [shall come] euen round about the countrey, and shall bring downe thy strength from thee, and thy palaces shalbe spoyled.
- Thus sayth the Lorde, As the sheephearde taketh out of the mouth of the lion two legges or a peece of an eare: so shall the children of Israel be taken out that dwell in Samaria, in the corner of a bed, and in Damascus [as in] a couche.
- Heare and testifie in the house of Iacob, saith the Lord God, the God of hoastes:
- That in the day that I shall visite the transgressions of Israel vpon hym, I wil also visite the aulters of Bethel, and the hornes of the aulter shalbe broken of, and fall to the grounde.
- And I will smite the winter house with the sommer house, and the houses of yuorie shall perishe, and the great houses shalbe consumed, saith the Lord.