- Wo to them that are at ease in Sion, and trust in the mountayne of Samaria, which were famous at the beginning of the nations, & the house of Israel came to them.
- Go you vnto Calneh, and see, and from thence go you to Hemath the great, then go downe to Gath of the Philistines: be they better then these kingdomes?
or the border of their lande greater then your border?
- Ye that put farre away the euyll day, and approche to the seate of iniquitie.
- They lye vpon beddes of yuorie, and stretche them selues vpon their couches, and eate the lambes out of the flocke, and the calues out of the stall.
- They sing to the sounde of the viole, they inuent to them selues instrumentes of musicke, like Dauid.
- They drinke wine in bowles, and annoynt them selues with chiefe ointmentes: but no man is sorie for the affliction of Ioseph.
- Therfore nowe shall they go captiue with the first that go captiue, and the sorowe of them that stretched them selues is at hande.
- The Lorde God hath sworne by hym selfe, sayth the Lorde God of hoastes: I abhorre the excellencie of Iacob, and hate his palaces, therfore will I deliuer vp the citie, with all that is therin.
- And if there remayne ten men in one house, they shall dye,
- And his vncle shall take him vp, and burne him, to cary out the bones out of the house, & shall say vnto him that is by the sides of the house, Is there yet any with thee?
And he shal say, None.
Then shal he say, Hold thy tongue: for we may not remember the name of the Lorde.
- For behold the Lord commaundeth, and he will smyte the great house with breaches, & the litle houses with cleftes.
- Shal horses run vpo the rocke?
or wil one plowe there with oxen?
for ye haue turned iudgement into gall, & the fruite of righteousnesse into wormewood.
- Ye reioyce in a thing of naught, ye say: Haue not we gotten vs hornes by our owne strength?
- But behold, I wil rayse vp against you a nation O house of Israel, sayth the Lorde God of hoastes, and they shall afflict you from the entring of Hemath, vnto the riuer of the wildernesse.