- Thus hath the Lorde God shewed vnto me: and beholde, a basket of sommer fruite.
- And he sayde: Amos, what seest thou?
And I sayde: A basket of sommer fruite.
Then sayd the Lord vnto me, The end is come vpon my people of Israel, I wil passe by them no more.
- And the songues of the temple shalbe howlinges in that day sayth the Lorde God: many dead bodies shalbe in euery place, they shal cast them foorth with scilence.
- Heare this, O ye that swallow vp the poore, that ye may make the needy of the lande to fayle,
- Saying, When will the new moneth be gone, that we may sell corne?
& the Sabbath, that we may set foorth wheate, and make the Epha small, & the sicle great, & falsifie the wayghtes by deceite?
- That we may bie the poore for siluer, and the needy for shoes, yea and sell the refuse of the wheate?
- The Lorde hath sworne by the excellencie of Iacob, surely I will neuer forget any of their workes.
- Shall not the lande tremble for this, and euerie one mourne that dwelleth therin?
And it shall rise vp wholly as a flood, and it shalbe cast out, and drowned, as by the flood of Egypt.
- And in that day, sayth the Lord God, I will euen cause the sunne to go downe at noone, and I wil darken the earth in the cleare day.
- And I will turne your feastes into mourning, and all your songues into lamentation: and I will bring sackecloth vpon all loynes, and baldnesse vpon euery head, & I will make it as the mourning of an only sonne, and the end therof as a bitter day.
- Behold the dayes come sayth the Lord God, that I will sende a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor thirst for water, but of hearing the worde of the Lorde.
- And they shall wander from sea to sea, & from the north euen vnto the east shal they run to and fro to seke the worde of the Lord, and shall not finde it.
- In that day shall the fayre virgins, and the young men perishe for thirst.
- They that swere by the sinne of Samaria, & that say, Thy God O Dan liueth, & the maner of Beerseba liueth, euen they shall fall, and neuer rise vp againe.