- Moyses kept the sheepe of Iethro his father in lawe, priest of Madian: and he droue the flocke to the backesyde of the desert, aud came to the mountayne of God Horeb.
- And the angell of the Lorde appeared vnto hym in a flambe of fire out of the middes of a busshe: And he loked, and beholde the busshe burned with fire, and the busshe was not consumed.
- Therfore Moyses sayde: I wyll go nowe and see this great syght, howe it commeth that the busshe burneth not.
- And when ye Lorde sawe that he came for to see, God called vnto him out of the middes of the busshe, & sayde: Moyses, Moyses?
And he answered, here am I.
- And he said: Draw not nigh hither, put thy shoes of thy feete, for the place whereon thou standest, is holy ground.
- And he sayde: I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isahac, and the God of Iacob.
And Moyses hid his face, for he was afrayde to loke vpon God.
- And the Lorde saide: I haue surely seene the trouble of my people which are in Egypt, and haue heard their crie from the face of their taske maisters: for I knowe their sorowes,
- And am come downe to deliuer the out of the hande of the Egyptians, and to bryng them out of that lande, vnto a good lande & a large, vnto a lande that floweth with mylke and hony, euen vnto the place of the Chanaanites, and Hethites, and Amorites, and Pherizites, and Heuites, and of the Iebusites.
- Nowe therfore beholde the complaint of the chyldren of Israel is come vnto me: and I haue also seene the oppressio wherwith ye Egyptians oppressed them.
- Come thou therfore, and I wyll sende thee vnto Pharao, that thou mayest bryng my people the chyldren of Israel out of Egypt.
- And Moyses saide vnto God: what am I to go vnto Pharao, and to bryng the chyldren of Israel out of Egypt?
- And he aunswered.
For I wyll be with thee: and this shalbe a token vnto thee that I haue sent thee, After that thou hast brought the people out of Egypt, ye shall serue God vpon this moutayne.
- And Moyses sayde vnto God: behold [when] I come vnto the chyldren of Israel, and shall say vnto them: the God of your fathers hath sent me vnto you.
And if they saye vnto me, what is thy name?
what answere shall I geue the?
- And God aunswered Moyses: I am that I am.
And he said: This shalt thou say vnto the chyldren of Israel, I am, hath sent me vnto you.
- And God spake further vnto Moyses, Thus shalt thou say vnto the chyldren of Israel: The Lorde God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isahac, and the God of Iacob hath sent me vnto you: This is my name for euer, and this is my memoriall into generation and generation.
- Go, and gather the elders of Israel together, and thou shalt saye vnto them, The Lorde God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isahac, and the God of Iacob appeared vnto me, and sayde: In visityng, haue I visited you, and know that which is done to you in Egypt.
- And I haue sayde: I wyll bryng you out of the tribulation of Egypt, vnto the land of the Chanaanites, and Hethites, and Amorites, and Pherizites, and Heuites, and Iebusites, euen into a land which floweth with milke & hony.
- And they shall heare thy voyce: Then both thou and the elders of Israel shall go vnto the kyng of Egypt, and say vnto him: The Lord God of the Hebrues hath met with vs, and nowe let vs go [we beseche thee] three dayes iourney into the wyldernesse, and do sacrifice vnto the Lorde our God.
- And I am sure that the king of Egypt wyl not let you go, no not in a mightie hande.
- And I wyll stretche out my hande, & smyte Egypt with al my wonders whiche I wyll do in the middes therof, and after that he wyll let you go.
- And I wyll get this people fauour in the syght of the Egyptians, so that when ye go, ye shall not go emptie:
- But a wyfe shall borowe of her neighbour, and of her that soiourneth in her house, iewels of syluer, and iewels of golde, and rayment: and ye shall put them on your sonnes and daughters, & shall robbe the Egyptians.