- Moyses aunswered, and said: See, they wyll not beleue me, nor harken vnto my voyce: but wyll saye, The Lorde hath not appeared vnto thee.
- And the Lorde sayde vnto him: What is that [which is] in thine hande?
He aunswered: a rodde.
- And he sayde: Cast it on the grounde.
And he cast it on the grounde, and it became a serpent: and Moyses fled fro the syght of it.
- And the Lorde sayde vnto Moyses: Put foorth thy hande, and take it by the tayle.
And therefore he put foorth his hande, and caught it: and it became a rodde in his hande.
- By this thing shall they beleue, that the Lord God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isahac, & the God of Iacob hath appeared vnto thee.
- And the Lorde sayde furthermore vnto hym: Thrust thyne hande into thy bosome.
And he thruste his hande into his bosome: and when he toke it out agayne, beholde his hande was leprous, euen as snowe.
- And he sayde: Put thine hande into thy bosome againe.
And he put his hand into his bosome agayne: and plucked it out of his bosome, and behold, it was turned agayne as his [other] fleshe.
- Therfore yf they wyll not beleue thee, neither heare ye voyce of the first signes, yet wyll they beleue for the voyce of the seconde signes.
- But & if they wyl not beleue these two signes, neither hearken vnto thy voyce: thou shalt take of the water of the riuer and powre it vpon the drye lande, and the water which thou takest out of the riuer shalbe [turned] into blood vpon the drye lande.
- Moyses sayd vnto the Lorde: Oh my Lord, I am neither yesterday nor yer yesterday a man eloquet, neither sence thou hast spoken vnto thy seruaunt: but I am slowe mouthed, & slowe tounged.
- And the Lorde sayd vnto hym: who hath made mans mouth?
or who maketh the dumbe, or deafe, the seyng, or the blynde?
Haue not I the Lorde?
- And nowe go, and I wyll be with thy mouth, and teache thee what thou shalt say.
- He said: oh my Lorde, sende I pray thee, by the hande of hym whom thou wylt sende.
- And the Lorde was angry with Moyses, and sayde: Do not I knowe Aaron thy brother the Leuite, that he can speake?
For lo, he commeth foorth to meete thee: and when he seeth thee, he wyll be glad in his heart.
- Therfore thou shalt speake vnto him, and put these wordes in his mouth, and I wilbe with thy mouth, and with his mouth: and wyll teache you what you ought to do.
- And he shalbe thy spokesman vnto the people, and he shalbe [euen] he shalbe to thee in steade of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him, in steade of God.
- And thou shalt take this rodde in thy hande, wherewith thou shalt do miracles.
- Therfore Moyses went and returned to Iethro his father in law againe, and said vnto him: Let me go I pray thee nowe, and turne agayne vnto my brethren which are in Egypt, and see whether they be yet aliue.
And Iethro said to Moyses: go in peace.
- And the Lorde sayde vnto Moyses in Madian, Go and returne agayne into Egypt: for all the men are dead whiche went about to kill thee.
- And Moyses toke his wyfe, and his sonnes, and put them on an asse, and went agayne to Egypt: And Moyses toke the rodde of God in his hande.
- And the Lorde sayde vnto Moyses: When thou art entred and come into Egypt agayne, see that thou do all the wonders before Pharao whiche I haue put in thy hand: but I wyll hold his heart, & he shal not let the people go.
- And thou shalt saye vnto Pharao: Thus sayeth the Lorde, Israel is my sonne [euen] my first borne sonne.
- And I sayde vnto thee, that thou let my sonne go, that he may serue me.
And if thou refuse to let him go: beholde, I do slay thy sonne [euen] thy first borne.
- And it came to passe by the way in the Inne that the Lorde met hym, and woulde haue kylled hym.
- And Sephora toke a stone, and cut away the foreskin of her sonne, and cast it at his feete, and sayd: a blooddy husbande art thou vnto me.
- Then he let him go, and she sayde: a blooddy husbande, because of her circumcision.
- Then said the Lorde vnto Aaron: go meete Moyses in the wyldernesse.
And he went and met him in the mounte of God, and kissed him.
- And Moyses tolde Aaron all the wordes of the Lorde whiche had sent him, and all the signes whiche he had charged him withall.
- So went Moyses and Aaron, and gathered all the elders of the chyldren of Israel.
- And Aaron told all the wordes which the Lord had spoken vnto Moyses: and did ye miracles in the sight of the people.
- And the people beleued.
And when they hearde that the Lorde had visited the children of Israel, and had looked vpon their tribulation, they bowed the selues, and worshipped.