- O foolishe Galathians, who hath bewitched you, that ye shoulde not obey ye trueth?
To whom Iesus Christe was described before the eyes, & among you crucified.
- This only woulde I learne of you, whether ye receaued the spirite by the deedes of the lawe, or by the hearyng of the fayth?
- Are ye such fooles, that after ye haue begun in the spirite, ye woulde nowe ende in the fleshe?
- Haue ye suffered so great thynges in vayne?
Yf it be yet in vayne.
- He therfore that ministreth to you the spirite, and worketh miracles among you, doth he it through the deedes of the lawe, or by hearyng of the fayth?
- Euen as Abraham beleued God, & it was ascribed to hym for righteousnesse.
- Knowe ye therfore, that they which are of fayth, the same are the chyldren of Abraham.
- For the scripture seyng aforehande that God woulde iustifie the Heathen through fayth, shewed beforehand glad tydynges vnto Abraham, [saying]: In thee shall all nations be blessed.
- So then, they which be of fayth, are blessed with the faythfull Abraham.
- For as many as are of the deedes of the lawe, are vnder the curse.
For it is writte: Cursed is euery one that continueth not in all thinges which are written in the booke of the lawe, to do them.
- But that no man is iustified by ye lawe in the sight of God, it is euident.
For the iust shall lyue by fayth.
- And the lawe is not of fayth: but the man that doth them, shall lyue in them.
- Christe hath redeemed vs from the curse of the lawe, beyng made a curse for vs.
For it is written: Cursed is euery one that hangeth on tree:
- That the blessyng of Abraham might come on the gentiles through Iesus Christe, that we myght receaue the promise of the spirite through fayth.
- Brethren, I speake after ye maner of men: Though it be but a mans testamet, yet if it be alowed, no man reiecteth it, or addeth therto.
- To Abraham and his seede were the promises made.
He sayth not to the seedes, as of many: but to thy seede, as of one, which is Christe.
- This I say, that the lawe which began afterwarde, beyonde foure hundred and thirtie yeres, doth not disanull the testament that was confirmed afore of God, vnto Christe warde, to make the promise of none effect.
- For yf the inheritauce be of the lawe, then not nowe of promise: But God gaue it vnto Abraham by promise.
- Wherfore then [serueth] the lawe?
It was added because of transgressions, tyl the seede came to whom the promise was made: and it was ordayned by Angels in the hande of a mediatour.
- A mediatour is not [a mediatour] of one, but God is one.
- Is the lawe then against the promise of God?
For yf there had ben a lawe geuen which coulde haue geuen life: then no doubt righteousnesse shoulde haue ben by the lawe.
- But the scripture hath concluded all vnder sinne, that the promise by ye fayth of Iesus Christe shoulde be geuen vnto them that beleue.
- But before fayth came, we were kept vnder the lawe, and were shut vp vnto the fayth which shoulde afterwarde be reuealed.
- Wherfore, the lawe was our scholemaister vnto Christe, that we shoulde be iustified by fayth.
- But after that fayth is come, we are no longer vnder a scholemaister.
- For ye are all the chyldren of God by fayth in Christe Iesu.
- For all ye that are baptized, haue put on Christe.
- There is no Iewe, neither Greke, there is neither bonde nor free, there is neither male, nor female: For ye are all one in Christe Iesu.
- If [ye be] Christes, then are ye Abrahams seede, and heyres accordyng to the promise.