- When Israel was young, I loued him, and called my sonne out of the lande of Egypt.
- They called them [but] they went thus from them: they sacrificed vnto Baal, and burned incense to images.
- I gaue to Ephraim one to leade him, who shoulde beare him in his armes: but they knew not that I healed them.
- I led them with cordes of a man [euen] with bandes of loue: and I was to them as he that taketh of the yoke from their iawes, and I layde meate to them.
- He shall no more returne into Egypt, but Asshur shalbe his king, because he refused to conuert.
- Therfore shall the sworde fall on his cities, & shall consume his braunches, and deuour them, because of their owne counsayles.
- And my people shall stande in a doubt whither to turne them: for when the [prophetes] called them to the most hyest, not one yet woulde geue him his glorie.
- Howe shall I geue thee vp Ephraim?
[howe] shal I deliuer thee Israel?
howe shall I make thee as Adama?
[howe] shall I set thee as Zeboim?
mine heart is turned within me, my repentinges are kindled within me.
- I wyll not execute the fiercenesse of my wrath, I wyl not returne to destroy Ephraim: for I am God and not man, the holy one in the middest of thee, and I wyll not enter into the citie.
- They shall walke after the Lorde, he shall rose like a lion: when he shall rose, then the children of the west shall feare.
- They shall feare a as sparowe out of Egypt, and as a doue out of the lande of Asshur, and I wyll place them in their houses, saith the Lorde.
- Ephraim compasseth me about with lyes, & the house of Israel with deceipt: but Iuda yet ruleth with God, and is faithfull with the saintes.