- They seeke me, that hitherto haue not asked for me, they finde me, that hitherto haue not sought me: I haue saide, I am here, I am here, I am founde of a people that neuer called vpon my name.
- For thus long haue I euer holden out mine handes to an vnfaythfull people that go not the right way, but after their owne imagination:
- To a people that is euer defiyng me to my face, they make their oblations in gardens, and their smoke vpon aulters of bricke.
- They lurke among the groues, and lye in the dennes all night: they eate swines fleshe, and vncleane broth is in their vessels.
- If thou commest nye them, they say, touche me not, for I am holyer then thou: All these men when I am angry, shalbe turned to smoke and fire that shall burne for euer.
- Beholde, it is written before my face, and shall not be forgotten, but recompenced: I shall rewarde it them into their bosome.
- [I meane] your misdeedes, and the misdeedes of your fathers together saith the Lord, which haue made their smokes vpon the mountaines, and blasphemed me vpon the hilles: therefore wyll I measure their olde deedes into their bosome agayne.
- Moreouer, thus saith the Lord: Like as when newe wine is founde in the cluster, and one saith, Lose it not, for there is blessing therein: euen so wyll I do also for my seruauntes sakes, that I wyll not destroy them all.
- But I will take a seede out of Iacob, and out of Iuda one, to take possession of my hill: My chosen shall possesse it, and my seruauntes shall dwell there.
- Saron shalbe a sheepefolde, and the valley of Achor shall geue the stalling for the cattell of my people that seeke after me.
- But as for you, ye are they that haue forsaken the Lorde, and forgotten my holy hyll: ye haue set vp an aulter vnto Iupiter, and geuen riche drinke offeringes vnto the planets:
- Therfore wyll I number you to the sworde, that ye shalbe destroyed altogether: for that when I called, no man gaue me aunswere, when I spake, ye hearkened not vnto me, but dyd wickednesse before mine eyes, and chose the thinges that pleased me not.
- Therefore thus saith the Lord God: Beholde, my seruauntes shall eate, but ye shall haue hunger: beholde, my seruauntes shall drinke, but ye shall suffer thirst: beholde, my seruauntes shalbe merie, but ye shalbe confounded:
- Beholde, my seruauntes shall reioyce for very quietnesse of heart: but ye shal crye for sorowe of heart, and complaine for vexation of minde.
- Your name shall ye leaue accursed among my chosen: for God the Lorde shall slay you, and call his seruauntes by another name.
- Who so reioyceth vpon earth, shall reioyce in the true God, and who so sweareth vpon earth, shall sweare in the true God: for the olde afflictions shalbe forgotten, and taken away out of my sight.
- For lo, I shall make a newe heauen and a newe earth: and as for the olde, they shall neuer be thought vpon, nor kept in minde:
- [But the Lorde saith] Be glad and euermore reioyce for the things that I shall do: For why?
beholde, I shall make a ioyfull Hierusalem, and his people ioyfull.
- Yea, I my selfe will reioyce with Hierusalem, and be glad with my people: and the voyce of weeping and wayling shall not be hearde in her from thencefoorth.
- There shall neither be chylde nor olde man that haue not their full dayes: but when the chylde commeth to an hundred yeres olde it shal dye, and if he that is an hundred yeres of age do wrong, he shalbe cursed.
- They shall buylde houses and dwell in them, they shall plant vineyardes and eate the fruite of them.
- They shall not buylde and another possesse, they shall not plant and another eate: but the life of my people shalbe like a tree, and mine elect shall enioy styll the worke of their handes.
- They shall not labour in vayne, nor beget with trouble: for they are the hye blessed seede of the Lorde, and their fruites with them.
- And it shalbe, that or euer they call, I shall aunswere them, whyle they are yet but thinking howe to speake, I shal heare them.
- The woolfe and the lambe shal feede together, and the lion shall eate hay like the bullocke, but earth shalbe the serpentes meate: There shal no man hurt nor slay another in al my holy hill, saith the Lorde.