- And he sayde vnto his disciples, Let not your hearte be troubled: Ye beleue in god, beleue also in me.
- In my fathers house, are many dwellyng places: If it were not so, I woulde haue tolde you.
I go to prepare a place for you.
- And yf I go to prepare a place for you, I wyll come agayne, and receaue you, [euen] vnto my selfe: that where I am, there may ye be also.
- And whither I go, ye knowe, and the way ye knowe.
- Thomas sayth vnto hym: Lorde, we knowe not whither thou goest: And howe is it possible for vs to knowe the waye?
- Iesus sayth vnto hym: I am the way, and the trueth, and the lyfe.
No man cometh vnto the father, but by me.
- If ye had knowen me, ye had knowen my father also.
And nowe ye knowe hym, and haue seene hym.
- Philip sayth vnto hym: Lorde, shewe vs the father, and it suffiseth vs.
- Iesus sayth vnto hym: Haue I ben so long tyme with you, & yet hast thou not knowen me?
Philip, he that hath seene me, hath seene the father.
And howe sayest thou then, shewe vs the father?
- Beleuest thou not, that I am in the father, & the father in me?
The wordes that I speake vnto you, I speake not of my selfe: but the father that dwelleth in me, is he that doth the workes.
- Beleue me, that I am in the father, and the father in me: Or els beleue me for the workes sake.
- Ueryly, veryly I say vnto you, he that beleueth on me, the workes that I do, the same shal he do also, and greater workes then these shall he do, because I go vnto the father.
- And whatsoeuer ye aske in my name, that wyll I do, that the father may be glorified in the sonne.
- If ye shall aske any thing in my name, I wyll do it.
- If ye loue me, kepe my commaundementes,
- And I wyll pray the father, and he shall geue you another comforter, that he may byde with you for euer:
- Euen the spirite of trueth, whom the worlde can not receaue, because the worlde seeth hym not, neither knoweth hym.
But ye knowe hym: For he dwelleth with you, and shalbe in you.
- I wyll not leaue you comfortlesse, but wyll come to you.
- Yet a litle whyle, and the worlde shall see me no more: but ye shall see me, because I lyue, and ye shall lyue [also.]
- That day shall ye knowe, that I am in my father, and you in me, & I in you.
- He that hath my commaundementes, and kepeth them, the same is he that loueth me: And he that loueth me, shalbe loued of my father, and I wyll loue him, and wyll shew myne owne selfe to hym.
- Iudas sayth vnto hym, not [Iudas] Iscariot: Lorde, what is done, that thou wylt shewe thy selfe vnto vs, and not vnto the worlde?
- Iesus aunswered, & sayde vnto hym: If a man loue me, he wyll kepe my sayinges: and my father wyll loue hym, and we wyll come vnto hym, and dwell with hym.
- He that loueth me not, kepeth not my sayinges: And the word which ye heare, is not myne, but the fathers which sent me.
- These thynges haue I spoken vnto you, beyng yet present with you.
- But the comforter, [which is] the holy ghost, whom the father wyll sende in my name, he shal teach you all thinges, & bryng all thynges to your remebraunce whatsoeuer I haue sayde vnto you.
- Peace I leaue with you, my peace I geue vnto you: Not as the worlde geueth, geue I vnto you.
Let not your heartes be greeued, neither feare.
- Ye haue hearde howe I sayde vnto you, I go away, and come agayne vnto you.
Yf ye loued me, ye woulde veryly reioyce, because I sayde, I go vnto the father: for the father is greater then I.
- And nowe haue I shewed you before it come, that when it is come to passe, ye myght beleue.
- Hereafter wyll I not talke many wordes vnto you: For the prince of this worlde cometh, and hath nought in me.
- But that the worlde may knowe that I loue the father: And as the father gaue me commaundement, euen so do I.
Ryse, let vs go hence.