- I am the true vine, and my father is the husbandman.
- Euery braunche that beareth not fruite in me, he will take away: And euery braunche that beareth fruite wyll he pourge, that it may bryng foorth more fruite.
- Nowe are ye cleane through the worde which I haue spoken vnto you.
- Byde in me, and I in you.
As the braunche can not beare fruite of it selfe, except it byde in the vine: no more can ye, except ye abyde in me.
- I am the vine, ye are the braunches.
He that abydeth in me, and I in hym, the same bryngeth foorth much fruite: For without me can ye do nothyng.
- Yf a man byde not in me, he is cast foorth as a braunch, and withereth, and men gather them, and cast them into the fyre, and they burne.
- Yf ye byde in me, and my wordes abyde in you, aske what ye wyll, and it shalbe done for you.
- Herein is my father glorified: that ye beare much fruite, and become my disciples.
- As the father hath loued me, euen so haue I loued you: Continue ye in my loue.
- Yf ye kepe my commaundementes, ye shall abyde in my loue, euen as I haue kept my fathers commaundementes, and abyde in his loue.
- These thynges haue I spoken vnto you, that my ioy might remayne in you, and that your ioy myght be full.
- This is my commaundement, that ye loue together, as I haue loued you.
- Greater loue hath no man, then this: yt a man bestowe his life for his frendes.
- Ye are my frendes, yf ye do whatsoeuer I commaunde you.
- Hencefoorth call I you not seruautes: for the seruaunt knoweth not what his Lorde doeth.
But you haue I called frendes, for all thynges that I haue hearde of my father, haue I made knowen to you.
- Ye haue not chosen me, but I haue chosen you, and ordayned you, to go, and bryng foorth fruite, and that your fruite shoulde remayne, that whatsoeuer ye aske of the father in my name, he may geue it you.
- This commaunde I you, that ye loue together.
- Yf the worlde hate you, ye knowe that it hated me before it hated you.
- If ye were of the worlde, the worlde would loue his owne: Howbeit, because ye are not of the worlde, but I haue chosen you out of the worlde: therfore the worlde hateth you.
- Remember the worde that I sayde vnto you: the seruaunt is not greater then the Lorde.
If they haue persecuted me, they wyll also persecute you.
If they haue kept my saying, they wyll kepe yours also.
- But all these thynges wyll they do vnto you for my names sake, because they haue not knowe hym that sent me.
- Yf I had not come and spoken vnto them, they shoulde haue had no sinne: but nowe haue they nothyng to cloke their sinne withall.
- He that hateth me, hateth my father also.
- Yf I had not done among them, the workes which none other man dyd, they shoulde haue had no sinne.
But nowe haue they both seene, and hated not only me, but also my father,
- But [this commeth to passe,] that the worde myght be fulfylled, that is written in their lawe: They hated me without a cause.
- But when the comforter is come, whom I wyl sende vnto you from the father, euen the spirite of trueth, which proceadeth of the father, he shall testifie of me.
- And ye shall beare witnesse also, because ye haue ben with me from the begynnyng.