- These thynges haue I sayde vnto you, because ye shoulde not be offended.
- They shall excomunitate you: yea the time shall come, that who so euer kylleth you, wyll thynke that he doth God seruice.
- And such thynges wyll they do vnto you, because they haue not knowen the father, neither yet me.
- But these thynges haue I tolde you, that when the tyme is come, ye may remeber then that I tolde you.
These thynges sayde I not vnto you at the begynnyng, because I was present with you.
- But nowe I go my waye, to hym that sent me, & none of you asketh me, whyther goest thou.
- But because I haue saide such thinges vnto you, your heartes are ful of sorow.
- Neuerthelesse, I tell you the trueth, it is expedient for you that I go away.
For yf I go not away, that comforter wyll not come vnto you: But yf I depart, I wyll sende hym vnto you.
- And whe he is come, he wyll rebuke the world of sinne, and of righteousnes, and of iudgement.
- Of sinne, because they beleue not on me.
- Of righteousnes, because I go to my father, and ye shall see me no more.
- Of iudgement, because the prince of this worlde is iudged [alredy.]
- I haue yet many thynges to say vnto you, but ye can not beare them away nowe.
- Howebeit, when he is come, whiche is the spirite of trueth, he wyl leade you into all trueth.
He shall not speake of himselfe: but whatsoeuer he shal heare, that shall he speake, and he wyll shewe you thynges to come.
- He shall glorifie me: For he shall receaue of mine, and shal shewe vnto you.
- All thynges that the father hath, are mine: Therfore sayde I [vnto you] that he shall take of mine, & shew vnto you.
- After a whyle, and ye shall not see me, and agayne after a whyle ye shall see me: for I go to the father.
- Then sayde some of his disciples betwene them selues: What is this that he saith vnto vs, after a whyle, & ye shal not see me, and againe, after a whyle ye shal see me: and, that I go to the father?
- They sayde therefore: What is this that he saith, after a whyle?
we can not tell what he saith.
- Iesus perceaued that they would aske hym, and sayde vnto them: Do ye enquire among your selues of that I said after a whyle, and, ye shall not see me, & againe, after a while & ye shall see me?
- Ueryly veryly I say vnto you, ye shall wepe and lament, the worlde shall reioyce: ye shall sorowe, but your sorowe shalbe turned to ioy.
- A woman, when she trauayleth, hath sorowe, because her houre is come: but assoone as she is deliuered of the childe, she remembreth no more the anguishe, for ioy that a man is borne into ye world.
- And ye nowe therefore haue sorowe: but I wyll see you agayne, and your heartes shall reioyce, and your ioy shall no man take from you.
- And in that day shall ye aske me no question.
Ueryly veryly I say vnto you, whatsoeuer ye shal aske the father in my name, he wyll geue it you.
- Hytherto haue ye asked nothyng in my name: Aske, & ye shall receaue, that your ioy may be full.
- These thynges haue I spoken vnto you by prouerbes.
The tyme wyl come, when I shall no more speake vnto you by prouerbes: but I shall shewe you playnely of my father.
- At that day shall ye aske in my name: And I say not vnto you, that I wyll pray vnto my father for you.
- For the father hym selfe loueth you, because ye haue loued me, and haue beleued that I came out from God.
- I went out from the father, and came into the worlde: Agayne, I leaue the worlde, and go to the father.
- His disciples sayde vnto hym: Lo, nowe talkest thou plainely, and speakest no prouerbe.
- Nowe are we sure that thou knowest all thynges, & nedest not, that any man shoulde aske thee [any question:] Therfore beleue we, that thou camest from God.
- Iesus aunswered them: Do ye nowe beleue?
- Beholde, the houre draweth nye, and is alredy come, that ye shalbe scattered euery man to his owne, and shall leaue me alone.
And yet am I not alone: For the father is with me.
- These wordes haue I spoken vnto you, that in me ye myght haue peace.
For in the worlde shall ye haue tribulation: but be of good cheare, I haue ouercome the worlde.