- And when they came nye to Hierusalem, vnto Bethphage & Bethanie, at the mount of Oliues, he sendeth foorth two of his disciples,
- And sayth vnto them.
Go your way into the towne, that is ouer against you: And assoone as ye be entred into it, ye shall fynde a colte bounde, wheron neuer man sate: loose hym, and bryng hym hyther.
- And yf any man say vnto you, why do ye so?
Say ye, that the Lorde hath neede of hym: and strayghtway he wyll sende hym hyther.
- And they went their way, and founde the colt tyed by the doore without, in a place where two wayes met: and they loosed hym.
- And diuers of them that stoode there, sayde vnto them: What do ye loosyng the colte?
- And they sayde vnto them, euen as Iesus had commaunded: And they let them go.
- And they brought the colt to Iesus, and cast their garmentes on hym, and he sate vpon hym.
- And many spred their garmentes in the way: Other cut downe braunches of the trees, & strawed the in the way.
- And they that went before, and they that folowed, cryed, saying, Hosanna, blessed is he that commeth in the name of the Lorde.
- Blessed be the kyngdome, that commeth in the name of hym that is Lorde of our father Dauid: Hosanna in the hiest.
- And the Lorde entred into Hierusalem, and into the temple: And when he had loked rounde about, vpon all thynges, and nowe the euen tyde was come, he went out vnto Bethanie with the twelue.
- And on the morowe, when they were come out from Bethanie, he hungred.
- And when he had spyed a fygge tree a farre of, hauyng leaues, he came to see if he myght fynde any thyng theron: And when he came to it, he founde nothyng but leaues: for the tyme of figges was not yet.
- And Iesus aunswered, and sayde vnto the fygge tree: neuer man eate fruite of thee hereafter, whyle the worlde standeth.
And his disciples hearde it.
- And they came to Hierusalem: And Iesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that solde and bought in the temple, & ouerthrewe the tables of the money chaungers, and the seates of them that solde doues:
- And woulde not suffer, that any man shoulde cary a vessell through ye temple.
- And he taught, saying vnto them: Is it not written, My house shalbe called the house of prayer vnto all nations?
But ye haue made it a denne of thieues.
- And the scribes & hye priestes hearde it, and sought howe to destroy hym: For they feared hym, because all the people was astonyed at his doctrine.
- And when euen was come, Iesus went out of the citie.
- And in the mornyng, as they passed by, they sawe the fygge tree dryed vp by the rootes.
- And Peter remembred, and sayde vnto hym: Maister, beholde, the fygge tree which thou cursedst, is withered away.
- And Iesus aunswered, and sayde vnto them: haue fayth in God.
- For, veryly I say vnto you, that whosoeuer shall say vnto this mountayne: Be thou remoued, and be thou cast into the sea, & shall not doubt in his heart, but shall beleue yt those thynges which he sayth shall come to passe, whatsoeuer he sayth, shalbe vnto hym.
- Therfore I say vnto you, what thynges so euer ye desyre when ye pray, beleue that ye receaue [them,] & ye shall haue [them].
- And when ye stande & pray, forgeue, yf ye haue ought agaynst any man: that your father also which is in heauen, may forgeue you your trespasses.
- But yf you do not forgeue: neither wyll your father, which is in heauen, forgeue you your trespasses.
- And they came agayne to Hierusalem: And as he walked in the temple, there came to hym the hye priestes, and the scribes, and the elders.
- And say vnto him: By what auctoritie doest thou these thynges?
& who gaue thee this auctoritie, to do these thynges?
- Iesus aunswered, & sayde vnto them: I wyll also aske of you one question: and aunswere me, and I wyll tell you by what auctoritie I do these thynges.
- The baptisme of Iohn, whether was it from heauen, or of men?
- And they reasoned with them selues, saying, yf we shall say from heauen: he wyll say, why then dyd ye not beleue hym?
- But yf we shal say, of men, we feare the people.
For all men counted Iohn, that he was a very prophete.
- And they aunswered, and sayde vnto Iesus: we can not tell.
And Iesus aunswered and sayde vnto them: neither wyll I tell you by what auctoritie I do these thynges.