- For the kyngdome of heauen is lyke vnto a man, that is an householder, whiche went out earlye in the mornyng to hire labourers into his vineyarde.
- And he agreed with the labourers for a peny a day, & sent them into his vineyarde.
- And he went out about the thirde houre, and sawe other standyng idle in the market place,
- And saide vnto them: Go ye also into ye vineyard, & whatsoeuer is right, I wyl geue you.
And they went their way.
- Agayne, he went out about the sixth and nynth houre, and dyd lykewyse.
- And about the eleuenth houre, he wet out, and founde other standyng idle, and saide vnto them: why stande ye here all the day idle?
- They saye vnto him: because no man hath hyred vs.
He sayth vnto them: go ye also into the vineyarde, and whatsoeuer is ryght, that shall ye receaue.
- So, when euen was come, the lorde of the vineyard sayth vnto his steward: Call the labourers, and geue them their hire, beginning at ye last, vntyll the first.
- And when they came, that [were hired] about the eleuenth houre, they receaued euery man a peny.
- But when the firste came also, they supposed that they shoulde haue receaued more: and they lykewyse receaued euery man a peny.
- And when they had receaued it, they murmured against the good man of the house,
- Saying: These laste haue wrought but one houre, & thou hast made them equall vnto vs, whiche haue borne the burthen and heate of the day.
- But he aunswered to one of the, & said: Frende, I do thee no wrong: dyddest thou not agree with me for a peny?
- Take that thyne is, and go thy way: I wyll geue vnto this last, euen as vnto thee.
- Is it not lawfull for me, to do that I wyll with myne owne?
Is thyne eye euyll, because I am good?
- So the last, shalbe the first, & the first [shalbe] last: For many be called, but fewe [be] chosen.
- And Iesus, goyng vp to Hierusale, toke the twelue disciples asyde in the way, and sayde vnto them:
- Beholde, we go vp to Hierusalem, and the sonne of man shalbe betrayed vnto the chiefe priestes, and vnto the scribes, and they shall condempne hym to death:
- And shall deliuer him to the Gentiles to be mocked, and to be scourged, and to be crucified: and the thirde day, he shall ryse agayne.
- Then came to hym the mother of Zebedees chyldren, with her sonnes, worshyppyng hym, and desiryng a certayne thyng of hym.
- And he sayth vnto her: what wylt thou?
She saith vnto him: graunt, that these my two sonnes may syt, the one on thy ryght hande, and the other on the left, in thy kyngdome.
- But Iesus aunswered, and saide: Ye wote not what ye aske.
Are ye able to drynke of the cuppe that I shall drynke of?
and to be baptized with the baptisme that I am baptized with?
They say vnto hym: we are able.
- He sayth vnto them: Ye shall drynke in deede of my cuppe, and be baptized with the baptisme that I am baptized with: But to syt on my ryght hande, & on my lefte, is not myne to geue, but to them for whom it is prepared for of my father.
- And when the ten hearde [this], they disdayned at the two brethren.
- But Iesus called them vnto him, and sayde: Ye know that the princes of the gentiles haue dominion ouer them: and they that are great, exercise aucthoritie vpon them.
- It shall not be so among you: But whosoeuer wyll be great among you, let hym be your minister:
- And who so wyl be chiefe among you, let hym be your seruaunt.
- Euen as the sonne of man came, not to be ministred vnto, but to minister, and to geue his lyfe a raunsome for many.
- And as they departed from Hierico, much people folowed hym.
- And behold, two blind men syttyng by the waye syde, when they hearde that Iesus passed by, they cryed, saying: O Lorde, thou sonne of Dauid, haue mercie on vs.
- And the people rebuked them, because they should holde their peace.
But they cryed the more, saying: haue mercy on vs, O Lorde, thou sonne of Dauid.
- And Iesus stode styll, & called them, and sayde: what wyll ye that I shall do vnto you?
- They saye vnto hym?
Lord, that our eyes may be opened.
- So Iesus had compassion on them, and touched their eyes: and immediatly theyr eyes receaued syght.
And they folowed hym.