- In the later ende of the Sabboth day, whiche dawneth the first daye of the weke, came Marie Magdalen, and the other Marie, to see the sepulchre.
- And behold, there was a great earthquake, for the Angell of the Lorde descended from heauen, and came & roulled backe the stone from the doore, and sate vpon it.
- His countenaunce was lyke lyghtnyng, and his rayment white as snowe.
- And for feare of him, the kepers were astonyed, and became as dead men.
- The Angell aunswered, and sayde vnto the women, feare ye not: For I knowe that ye seke Iesus whiche was crucified.
- He is not here, he is rysen, as he saide.
Come, se the place where that the Lord was layde.
- And go quickly, & tell his disciples that he is rysen agayne from the dead.
And beholde, he goeth before you into Galilee, there shall ye see hym.
Loe, I haue tolde you.
- And they departed quickly from the sepulchre, with feare, and great ioy, and dyd runne, to bryng his disciples worde.
- And as they went to tell his disciples, beholde, Iesus met them, saying: All hayle.
And they came and helde him by the feete, and worshypped hym.
- Then sayde Iesus vnto them: be not afrayde.
Go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, & there shal they see me.
- When they were gone, beholde, some of the watche came into the citie, and shewed vnto the hye priestes all the thynges that were done.
- And they gathered the together, with the elders, and toke councell, and gaue large money vnto the souldiers,
Saye ye, that his disciples came by nyght, & stole hym away while ye slept.
- And yf this come to the deputies [eares] we wyll perswade hym, and saue you harmelesse.
- So they toke the money, & dyd as they were taught.
And this saying is noysed among the Iewes, vntyl this day.
- Then the eleuen disciples went awaye into Galilee, into a mountayne, where Iesus had appoynted them.
- And when they sawe hym, they worshypped hym: But some doubted.
- And Iesus came, and spake vnto the, saying: All power is geuen vnto me in heauen and in earth.
- Go ye therfore, & teache all nations, baptizing them in the name of the father, and of the sonne, and of the holye ghost:
- Teachyng the to obserue all thynges, whatsoeuer I haue commaunded you.
And loe, I am with you alway, euen vnto the ende of the worlde.