- And Miriam and Aaron spake agaynst Moyses, because of the women of Ethiopia whiche he had taken: for he had take to wife one of Ethiopia.
- And they sayde: Hath the Lorde in deede spoken onlye through Moyses?
Hath he not spoken also by vs?
And the Lorde hearde it.
- (But Moyses was a very meeke man, aboue all the men of the earth.)
- And the Lorde spake at once vnto Moyses, vnto Aaron, and to Miriam: Come out ye three vnto the tabernacle of the congregation.
And they came out all three.
- And the Lorde came downe in the pyller of the cloude, and stoode in the doore of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam.
And they went out both of them.
- And he sayde, Heare my wordes: If there be a prophete of the Lordes among you, I wyll be knowen of him in a vision, and wyll speake vnto hym in a dreame.
- My seruaunt Moyses is not so, which is faythfull in all myne house.
- Unto hym wyll I speake mouth to mouth in a vision, not in darke speaches and similitudes of the Lord shall he see: Wherfore then were ye not afrayde to speake against my seruaunt Moyses?
- And the Lord was moued vnto wrath agaynst them, and he went his way.
- And the cloude departed from the tabernacle, and beholde Miriam was become leprous, as it were snowe: And Aaron looked vpon Miriam, and beholde, she was leprous.
- And Aaron saide vnto Moyses: Alas my Lorde, I beseche thee put not the sinne vpon vs whiche we haue foolishlye committed and sinned.
- Oh, let her not be as one dead, of who the fleshe is halfe consumed when he commeth out of his mothers whom.
- And Moyses cryed vnto the Lorde, saying: Heale her nowe, O God, I beseche thee.
- And ye Lorde sayde vnto Moyses: If her father had spit in her face, should she not be ashamed seue dayes?
Let her be shut out of the hoast seuen dayes, and after that, let her be receaued in againe.
- And Miriam was shut out of the hoast seuen dayes: and the people remoued not, tyll she was brought in agayne.
- And afterwarde the people remoued from Hazeroth, and pitched in the wyldernesse of Pharan.