- [To the chiefe musition,
a Psalme of Dauid.]
- The foole hath sayde in his heart there is no God: they haue corrupted [them selues] and done an abhominable worke, there is not one that doth good.
- God loked downe from heauen vpon the children of men: to see yf there were any that did vnderstande [and] seke after the Lorde.
- But they are all gone out of the way, they are altogether become abhominable: there is none that doth good, no not one.
- Do not all the workers of iniquitie know, deuouryng my people as though they deuoured bread: that they call not vpon God?
- Hereafter they shalbe taken with a great feare: for the Lorde is in the generation of the righteous.
- As for nowe ye make a mocke at the counsayle of the poore: because he reposeth his trust in God.
- Who shall geue saluation vnto Israel: out of Sion?
When God will deliuer his people out of captiuitie: [then] wyll Iacob reioyce, and Israel be glad.