- [To the chiefe musition,
a Psalme of Dauid.]
- Delyuer me O God from the euyll man: and preserue me from the outragious man.
- Who in heart imagine mischiefes: and set forwarde to warre euery day.
- They haue sharpened their tongue lyke a serpent: Adders poyson is vnder their lippes.
- Kepe me O God from the handes of the vngodly: preserue me from the outragious man, who haue deuised to thrust my feete [from me.]
- The proude haue layde a snare for me, and spread a net abroade with coardes in the high wayes: they haue set trappes for me.
- I haue sayde vnto God, thou art my Lorde: heare the voyce of my prayers O God.
- O Lorde God the strength of my saluation: thou hast couered my head in the day of battayle.
- Graunt not vnto the vngodly [his] desires O God: bryng not to passe his mischeuous imagination [lest] they shoulde be made to proude.
- Let the labour of his owne lippe couer him: [who is] head of them that compasse me about.
- Let hotte coales be burnyng vpon them: he wyll cast them downe into the fire into deepe pittes, that they may neuer rise vp agayne.
- A man full of tongue can not prosper vpon the earth: euyll shall hunt the outragious person to ouerthrowe him.
- I am sure that God wyll dispatche the cause of the afflicted: and he wyll geue iudgement for the needy.
- Truely the ryghteous wyll confesse it vnto thy name: they that deale vprightlye shall dwell before thy face.