- [A psalme of Dauid when he fled from the face of Absalom his sonne.]
- O God howe are myne enemies increased?
many do ryse vp against me.
- Many say of my soule: there is no saluation for it in God.
- But thou O God art a buckler for me: thou art my worship, and the lifter vp of my head.
- I dyd call vpon God with my voyce, and he hearde me out of his holy hyll.
- I layde me downe and slept: and I rose vp agayne, for God sustayned me.
- I wyll not be afrayde of ten thousandes of the people: that haue set [them selues] against me rounde about.
- Arise vp O God, saue thou me O my Lorde: for thou hast smitten all myne enemies vpon the cheeke bone, thou hast broken the teeth of the vngodly.
- Saluation is of God: thy blessing is vpon thy people.