- [To the chiefe musition on Neginoth,
a psalme of Dauid.]
- Heare me when I call O God of my righteousnesse: thou hast set me at libertie when I was in distresse.
- O ye sonnes of men, how long [wyll ye go about to bryng] my glory to confusion?
ye loue vanitie, ye seeke after lyes.
- For ye must know that God hath chosen to him selfe a godly [man]: God wyl heare when I call vnto hym.
- Be ye angry, but sinne not: commune with your owne heart in your chaumber, and be styll.
- Offer the sacrifice of righteousnesse: and put your trust in God.
- There be many that say, who wyll shewe vs [any] good?
O God lift thou vp the light of thy countenaunce vpon vs.
- Thou hast put gladnesse in my heart: since the time that their corne and wine increased.
- I wyll lay me downe in peace and take my rest: for thou God only makest me to dwell in safetie.