- [To the chiefe musition vpon Mahalah,
a wise instruction of Dauid.]
- The foole hath sayde in his heart there is no God: they haue corrupted them selues, & haue made their wickednes abhominable, he is not that doeth good.
- The Lorde looked downe from heauen vpon the chyldren of men: to see if there were any that did vnderstand and seeke after the Lorde.
- But they dyd all go out of the way, they dyd altogether become abhomible: there was also none that would do good, no not one.
- Wyll not the workers of iniquitie vnderstande, eating vp my people [as if] they eated bread: that they do not call vpon God?
- They shalbe greatly there afraide [where] no cause of feare is: for the Lord wyll breake the bones of hym that besiegeth thee, thou wylt put [them] to shame, because the Lorde hath despised them.
- Who is he that wyll geue saluation vnto Israel out of Sion?
when the Lord wyll reduce his people out of captiuitie, Iacob wyll reioyce, and Israel wyll be glad.