- [To the chiefe musition (to be song lyke vnto the song beginning) destroy not,
a golden psalme of Dauid,
when he fled from Saul into the caue.]
- Be mercifull vnto me O Lorde, be mercifull vnto me: for my soule trusteth in thee, and vnder the shadowe of thy wynges wyll I trust, vntyll this tiranny be ouerpast.
- I wyll call vnto the most high Lorde: euen vnto the Lord that wil perfourme the cause which I haue in hande.
- He wyll sende from heauen, and saue me from the reproofe of him that woulde deuour me vp, Selah: the Lorde wyll sende foorth his mercie and trueth.
- My soule is among Lions, and I lye among those that are set on fire: among the children of men whose teeth are speares and arrowes, and their tongue a sharpe sword.
- Exalt thy selfe O God aboue the heauen: thy glory is aboue all the earth.
- They haue prepared a net for my feete, that some man might presse downe my soule: they haue digged a pit before me, and are fallen into the midst of it them selues.
- My heart is redy O Lorde, my heart is redy: I wyll sing, and prayse thee in singing of psalmes.
- Bestirre thee O my glory, bestirre thee O Lute and Harpe: I my selfe wil bestirre me right early in the morning.
- I wyll prayse thee O Lorde among the people: and I wyll sing psalmes vnto thee among the nations.
- For the greatnes of thy mercie reacheth vnto the heauens: and thy trueth vnto the cloudes.
- Exalt thy selfe O Lord aboue the heauens: let thy glory be aboue al the earth.