- [To the chiefe musition vpon Susan Eduth,
a golden psalme of Dauid,
for to teache:
(made) when he fought against Mesopotamia and Syria of Stobah,
and when Ioab turned backe and slue twelue thousande Edomites in the salt valley.)]
- O Lorde thou hast cast vs out, thou hast dispearsed vs, thou art displeased: O turne thee vnto vs agayne.
- Thou hast made the land to tremble, thou hast cleft it asunder: heale the breaches therof, for it is redy to fall downe.
- Thou hast made thy people see heauie thinges: thou hast geuen vs wyne to drinke, that maketh vs tremble.
- But to suche as feare thee: thou hast geuen a banner to be lyfted vp on high for the trueth sake.
- [Therfore] that thy beloued may be deliuered: helpe me with thy right hand, and heare me.
- The Lorde hath spoken in his holynes (whereof I wyll reioyce) this: I wyll deuide Sichem, and measure the valley of Sucoth.
- Gilead shalbe myne, and Manasses shalbe myne: Ephraim also shalbe the strength of my head, and Iuda my law geuer.
- Moab shalbe my washpot: ouer Edom I wyll cast my shoe, Philistea be thou glad of me.
- Who wyll leade me into the stong citie?
who wyll bring me into Edom?
- Hast not thou remoued vs from thence O Lorde?
and wylt not thou O Lorde go out with our hoastes?
- Geue vs ayde against trouble: for the sauing helpe of man is but vayne.
- Thorowe the Lorde we wyll do valiaunt actes: for he him selfe wyll treade downe our enemies.