- [To the chiefe musition,
the psalme of Asaph,
- We do confesse it vnto thee O lord, we do confesse it: for thy wonderous workes do declare thy name to be at hande.
- When I shall take tyme fyt for the purpose: I wyll iudge accordyng vnto ryght.
- The earth wasteth and all the inhabitours therof: I haue vpholded the pyllours of it.
- I sayd vnto fooles deale not so madly: & to the vngodly set not vp your horne.
- Set not vp your horne an high: [and] speake [not] with a stiffe necke.
- Because promotion commeth neither from the east nor from the west: nor yet from the south.
- For God is the iudge: it is he that putteth downe one, and setteth vp another.
- For in the hande of God there is a cup, and the wine is redde: it is full mixt, and he powreth out the same.
But the vngodly of the earth do wring out: and drynke the dregges therof.
- As for me I wyll euer set foorth in wordes [the Lorde]: I wyll sing psalmes to the God of Iacob.
- And I wyll breake all the hornes of the vngodly: but the hornes of the ryghteous shalbe exalted.