- [To the chiefe musition in Neginoth,
the psalme of Asaph,
- In Iurie is God knowen: his name is great in Israel.
- At Shalem is his tabernacle: and his dwellyng in Sion.
- There he brake the arrowes of the bowe: the shielde, the sworde, and the battayle.
- Thou art honourable: and of more puissaunce then the mountaynes of robbers.
- The hygh couragious stomackes are spoyled, they haue slept their slepe: and the valiaunt souldiours coulde not finde their owne handes.
- At thy rebuke O God of Iacob: both the charet and horse be brought to naught.
- Thou, euen thou art dreadfull: and who may stande in thy syght when thou [begynnest] to be angry?
- Thou causest thy iudgement to be hearde from heauen: then the earth trembleth, and is styll.
- When God ariseth to iudgement: and to helpe all the afflicted vpon the earth.
- The fearcenesse of man shall turne to thy prayse: [and] the remnaunt of the fearcenesse thou wylt restrayne.
- Make vowes vnto God your Lorde, & perfourme them all ye that be rounde about hym: bryng presentes vnto hym that is dreadfull.
- He abateth the spirite of princes: he is dreadfull to the kynges of the earth.