- [To the chiefe musition vpon Gittith,
a psalme of Dauid.]
- O God our Lorde, howe excellent is thy name in all the earth?
for that thou hast set thy glory aboue the heauens.
- Out of the mouth of very babes and sucklinges thou hast layde the foundation of thy strength for thyne aduersaries sake: that thou mightest styll the enemie and the auenger.
- For I will consider thy heauens, euen the workes of thy fingers: the moone and the starres whiche thou hast ordayned.
- What is man that thou art myndfull of him?
and the sonne of man that thou visitest hym?
- Thou hast made hym somthyng inferiour to angels: thou hast crowned him with glory and worship.
- Thou makest hym to haue dominion of the workes of thy handes: and thou hast put all thinges [in subiection] vnder his feete,
- All sheepe and oxen, & also the beastes of the fielde:
- the foules of the ayre, and the fishe of the sea, and whatsoeuer swymmeth in the seas.
- O God our Lorde: howe excellent great is thy name in all the earth?