- [To the chiefe musition,
a psalme of the sonnes of Corach.]
- O God, thou art become gracious vnto thy land: thou hast brought Iacob agayne home out of captiuitie.
- Thou hast forgeuen the wickednes of thy people: and couered all their sinnes.
- Thou hast taken away al thy displeasure: and turned thy selfe from thy wrathfull indignation.
- Turne vs O God of our saluation: and let thyne anger ceasse from vs.
- Wilt thou be displeased at vs for euer?
and wylt thou stretche out thy wrath from one generation to another,
- Wylt thou not turne agayne and reuiue vs: that thy people may reioyce in thee?
- Shew vs thy louing kindnes O God: and graunt vs thy saluation.
- I wyll hearken what God the Lord saith: for he speaketh peace vnto his people & to his saintes, that they turne not agayne to folly.
- For truely his saluation is nye them that feare him: insomuch that glory dwelleth in our earth.
- Mercy and trueth are met together: righteousnes and peace haue kissed [eche other.]
- Trueth shall bud out of the earth: and ryghteousnes shall looke downe from heauen.
- Yea, God shall geue all that is good: and our earth shall geue her encrease.
- [Euery man] shall cause righteousnes to go before him: and he shall direct his steppes in the way.