- And after that, I sawe foure angels stande on the foure corners of the earth, holding the foure wyndes of ye earth, that the wynde shoulde not blowe on the earth, neither on the sea, neither on any tree.
- And I sawe another angell ascende from the rysing of the sunne, which had the seale of the lyuyng God, and he cryed with a loude voyce to the foure angels to whom power was geuen to hurt the earth and the sea,
- Saying: Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, neither the trees, tyll we haue sealed the seruautes of our God in their foreheades.
- And I hearde the number of them which were sealed: And there were sealed an 100 and 44 thousande, of all the tribes of the chyldren of Israel.
- Of the tribe of Iuda were sealed 12 thousande.
Of the tribe of Ruben were sealed 12 thousande.
Of the tribe of Gad were sealed 12 thousande.
- Of the tribe of Aser were sealed 12 thousande.
Of the tribe of Nephthali were sealed 12 thousande.
Of ye tribe of Manasses were sealed 12 thousande.
- Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed 12 thousande.
Of ye tribe of Leui were sealed 12 thousande.
Of ye tribe of Isachar were sealed 12 thousande.
- Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed 12 thousande.
Of the tribe of Ioseph were sealed 12 thousande.
Of the tribe of Beniamin were sealed 12 thousand.
- After this I behelde, and loe a great multitude which no man could number of all nations, and kinredes, and people, and tongues, stoode before the throne, and before the lambe, clothed with long whyte garmentes, and palmes in their handes,
- And cryed with a loude voyce, saying: Saluation be ascribed to hym that sitteth vpon the throne of our God, and vnto the lambe.
- And all the angels stoode in the compasse of the throne, and of the elders, & of the foure beastes, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshypped God,
- Saying, Amen: Blessyng, and glorie, and wisedome, and thankes, & honour, and power, and myght, be vnto our God for euermore, Amen.
- And one of the elders aunswered, saying vnto me: What are these which are arayed in long whyte garmentes?
and whence came they?
- And he sayde vnto hym, Lorde thou wotest.
And he sayde to me: These are they which came out of great tribulation, and haue wasshed their long robes, and made them whyte by the blood of the lambe.
- Therefore are they in the presence of the throne of God, and serue hym daye and nyght in his temple, and he that sitteth in the throne, wyll dwell among them.
- They shall hunger no more, neither thirst, neither shall the sunne lyght on them, neither any heate.
- For the lambe which is in the myddes of the throne shall feede them, and shall leade them vnto fountaynes of lyuyng water, and God shall wype awaye all teares from their eyes.