- I commende vnto you Phebe our sister, whiche is a minister of the Church of Cenchrea,
- That ye receaue her in the Lorde, as it becommeth saintes, and that ye assist her in whatsoeuer busynesse she hath nede of you: For she hath suckoured many, and my selfe also.
- Greete Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christe Iesu:
- (Which haue for my lyfe layde downe their owne neckes: Unto whom, not onlye I geue thankes, but also all the Churches of the gentiles)
- Lykewyse [greete] the Churche that is in their house.
Salute my welbeloued Epenetus, which is the first fruite of Achaia in Christe.
- Greete Marie, which bestowed much labour on vs.
- Salute Andronicus and Iunia my cosins, and prisoners with me also, which are wel taken among the Apostles, and were in Christe before me.
- Greete Amplias my beloued in the Lorde.
- Salute Urban our helper in Christe, and Stachys my beloued.
- Salute Appelles approued in Christe, salute them whiche are of Aristobulus housholde.
- Salute Herodion my kinsman, greete them that be of the housholde of Narcissus, which are in the Lorde.
- Salute Tryphena, & Tryphosa, which labour in the Lorde.
Salute the beloued Persis, which laboured much in the Lorde.
- Salute Rufus chosen in the Lorde, and his mother and myne.
- Greete Asyncritus, Phlegon, Herman, Patrobas, Mercurius, and the brethren which are with them.
- Salute Philologus and Iulia, Nereus and his sister, and Olympas, and all the saintes which are with them.
- Salute one an other with an holy kysse.
The Churches of Christ salute you.
- Nowe I beseche you brethren, marke them whiche cause deuision, & geue occasions of euyll, contrarie to the doctrine whiche ye haue learned, and auoyde them.
- For they that are suche, serue not the Lorde Iesus Christe, but their owne belly, and with sweete and flatteryng wordes deceaue the heartes of the innocentes.
- For your obedience is gone abrode vnto al men.
I am glad therfore no doubt, of you: But yet I would haue you wise vnto that whiche is good, & simple concernyng euyll.
- The God of peace shall treade Satan vnder your feete shortly.
The grace of our Lorde Iesus Christe be with you.
- Timotheus my workfelowe, and Lucius, and Iason, & Sosipater my kinsemen, salute you.
- I Tertius, whiche wrote this epistle, salute you in the Lorde.
- Gaius myne hoast, and of the whole Churche, saluteth you.
Erastus the chamberlaine of the citie saluteth you, and Quartus a brother.
- The grace of our Lorde Iesus Christ be with you all.
- To hym that is of power to stablisshe you, according to my Gospell, and preachyng of Iesus Christe, by reuealyng of the misterie whiche was kept secrete sence the worlde began,
- But nowe is opened, and by the scriptures of the prophetes, at the comaundement of the euerlastyng God, to the obedience of fayth, among all nations publisshed:
- To [the same] God, wyse only, be glorie, through Iesus Christe, for euer.
[This epistle was written to the Romanes from Corinthus [and sent] by Phebe the minister vnto ye Churche at Cenchrea.]