- What shall we saye then?
Shall we continue in sinne, that grace maye abound?
- Howe shall we that are dead to sinne, lyue any longer therin?
- Knowe ye not, that all we whiche haue ben baptized into Iesus Christe, haue ben baptized into his death?
- We are buryed then with him by baptisme into his death, that lykewyse as Christe was raysed vp from the dead by the glorie of the father: euen so, we also shoulde walke in newnesse of lyfe.
- For if we be graft together by the likenesse of his death: euen so shall we be [partakers] of the resurrection:
- Knowyng this, that our olde man is crucified with hym also, that the body of sinne might vtterly be destroyed, that hencefoorth we shoulde not serue sinne.
- For he that is dead, is iustified from sinne.
- And yf we be dead with Christe, we beleue that we shall also lyue with him:
- Knowyng that Christe beyng raysed from the dead, dyeth no more, death hath no more power ouer hym.
- For as touchyng that he dyed, he dyed concerning sinne once: And as touching that he lyueth, he lyueth vnto God.
- Lykewyse, recken your selues to be dead to sinne, but alyue vnto God, thorowe Iesus Christe our Lorde.
- Let not sinne raigne therefore in your mortall bodie, that ye shoulde thervnto obey by the lustes of it.
- Neither geue ye your members as instrumentes of vnryghteousnesse vnto sinne: but geue your selues vnto God, as they that are alyue from the dead, and your members as instrumentes of ryghteousnesse vnto God.
- For sinne shall not haue power ouer you, because ye are not vnder ye lawe, but vnder grace.
- What then?
Shall we sinne, because we are not vnder the lawe, but vnder grace?
- Knowe ye not, how that to whom soeuer ye commit your selues as seruauntes to obey, his seruauntes ye are to whom ye obey: whether it be of sinne vnto death, or of obedience vnto ryghteousnesse?
- But God be thanked, that ye were the seruautes of sinne: but ye haue obeyed with heart the fourme of doctrine, into the which ye were brought vnto.
- Being then made free fro sinne, ye are become ye seruauntes of ryghteousnesse.
- I speake after the maner of men, because of the infirmitie of your fleshe.
As ye haue geuen your members seruauntes to vncleannesse and iniquitie, vnto iniquitie: euen so nowe geue your members seruauntes to righteousnesse, vnto holynesse.
- For when ye were the seruauntes of sinne, ye were free from ryghteousnesse.
- What fruite had ye then in those thynges, wherof ye are nowe ashamed?
For the ende of those thynges, is death.
- But nowe ye beyng made free from sinne, and made the seruauntes of God, haue your fruite vnto holynesse, and the ende euerlastyng lyfe.
- For the rewarde of sinne is death: but the gyft of God is eternall lyfe, thorowe Iesus Christe our Lorde.