- And the angell that talked with me, came againe, and waked me, as a man that is raysed out of his sleepe,
- And saide vnto me: what seest thou?
And I saide: I haue loked, and beholde, a candelsticke all of golde, with a boule vpon it, and his seuen lampes therein, & vpon euery lampe seuen pypes.
- And two olyue trees thereby: one vpon the right side of the boule, & the other vpon the left side.
- So I aunswered, and spake to the angell that talked with me, saying, O my Lorde, what are these?
- The angell that talked with me aunswered and saide vnto me: Knowest thou not what these be?
And I said, No my Lorde.
- He aunswered and saide vnto me: This is the worde of the Lorde vnto Zorobabel, saying, Neither through an hoast of men, nor through strength: but through my spirite, saith the Lorde of hoastes.
- What art thou great mountaine before Zorobabel?
thou must be made euen, and he shall bring foorth the head stone therof, with showtinges, crying, Grace grace vnto it.
- Moreouer, the word of the Lord came vnto me, saying:
- The handes of Zorobabel haue layde the foundation of this house, his hands shal also finishe it: and thou shalt knowe that the Lorde of hoastes hath sent me vnto you.
- For who hath despised the day of small thinges?
they shall reioyce, and shall see the stone of tynne in the hande of Zorobabel: these seuen are the eyes of the lord, which go through ye whole worlde.
- Then aunswered I, & saide vnto him: What are these two olyue trees vpon the right & left side of the candelsticke?
- I spake moreouer, and saide vnto him: What be these two olyue braunches which through the two golden pypes emptie them selues into the golde?
- He aunswered me & said: Knowest thou not what these be?
& I said, no my lord.
- Then said he: These are the two oliue braunches, that stand with the ruler of the whole earth.