- And Hiram king of Tyre sent messengers to David, and timber of cedars, with masons and carpenters, to build him a house.
- And David perceived that Jehovah had established him king over Israel, for his kingdom was highly exalted, because of his people Israel.
- And David took more wives at Jerusalem: and David begot more sons and daughters.
- And these are the names of the children which he had in Jerusalem: Shammua, and Shobab, Nathan, and Solomon,
- and Ibhar, and Elishua, and Elpelet,
- and Nogah, and Nepheg, and Japhia,
- and Elishama, and Beeliada, and Eliphelet.
- And the Philistines heard that David was anointed king over all Israel, and all the Philistines went up to seek David;
and David heard [of it], and went out against them.
- And the Philistines came and spread themselves in the valley of Rephaim.
- And David inquired of God saying, Shall I go up against the Philistines, and wilt thou give them into my hand?
And Jehovah said to him, Go up;
and I will give them into thy hand.
- And they came up to Baal-perazim, and David smote them there;
and David said, God has broken in upon mine enemies by my hand, as the breaking forth of waters.
Therefore they called the name of that place Baal-perazim.
- And they left their gods there;
and David commanded, and they were burned with fire.
- And the Philistines yet again spread themselves in the valley.
- And David inquired again of God;
and God said to him, Go not up after them;
turn round them and come upon them opposite the mulberry-trees.
- And it shall be, when thou hearest the sound of marching in the tops of the mulberry-trees, that then thou shalt go out to battle;
for God will have gone forth before thee to smite the army of the Philistines.
- And David did as God commanded him;
and they smote the army of the Philistines from Gibeon even to Gezer.
- And the fame of David went out into all lands;
and Jehovah brought the fear of him upon all the nations.