- And they brought in the ark of God, and set it in the midst of the tent that David had spread for it;
and they presented burnt-offerings and peace-offerings before God.
- And when David had ended offering up the burnt-offerings and the peace-offerings, he blessed the people in the name of Jehovah.
- And he dealt to every one of Israel, both man and woman, to every one a loaf of bread and a measure [of wine] and a raisin-cake.
- And he appointed certain of the Levites to do the service before the ark of Jehovah, and to celebrate, and to thank and praise Jehovah the God of Israel:
- Asaph the chief, and second to him Zechariah, Jeiel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehiel, and Mattithiah, and Eliab, and Benaiah and Obed-Edom, and Jeiel, with instruments of lutes and with harps;
and Asaph sounding with cymbals;
- and Benaiah and Jahaziel the priests with trumpets continually, before the ark of the covenant of God.
- Then on that day David delivered first [this psalm] to give thanks to Jehovah through Asaph and his brethren.
- Give thanks unto Jehovah, call upon his name;
Make known his acts among the peoples.
- Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him;
Meditate upon all his wondrous works.
- Glory in his holy name: Let the heart of them rejoice that seek Jehovah.
- Seek Jehovah and his strength, Seek his face continually;
- Remember his wondrous works which he hath done;
His miracles, and the judgments of his mouth:
- Ye seed of Israel his servant, Ye sons of Jacob, his chosen ones.
- He, Jehovah, is our God;
His judgments are in all the earth.
- Be ye ever mindful of his covenant, The word which he commanded to a thousand generations, —
- Which he made with Abraham, And of his oath unto Isaac;
- And he confirmed it unto Jacob for a statute, Unto Israel for an everlasting covenant,
- Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, The lot of your inheritance;
- When ye were a few men in number, Of small account, and strangers in it.
- And they went from nation to nation, And from one kingdom to another people.
- He suffered no man to oppress them, And reproved kings for their sakes,
- [Saying,] Touch not mine anointed ones, And do my prophets no harm.
- Sing unto Jehovah, all the earth;
Publish his salvation from day to day.
- Declare his glory among the nations, His wondrous works among all peoples.
- For Jehovah is great, and exceedingly to be praised;
And he is terrible above all gods.
- For all the gods of the peoples are idols;
But Jehovah made the heavens.
- Majesty and splendour are before him;
Strength and gladness in his place.
- Give unto Jehovah, ye families of peoples, Give unto Jehovah glory and strength!
- Give unto Jehovah the glory of his name!
Bring an oblation, and come before him: Worship Jehovah in holy splendour.
- Tremble before him, all the earth: The world also is established, it shall not be moved.
- Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad;
And let them say among the nations, Jehovah reigneth!
- Let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof;
Let the field exult, and all that is therein.
- Then shall the trees of the forest sing out at the presence of Jehovah, For he cometh to judge the earth.
- Give thanks unto Jehovah, for he is good;
For his loving-kindness [endureth] for ever.
- And say, Save us, O God of our salvation, And gather us, and deliver us from the nations, To give thanks unto thy holy name, To triumph in thy praise.
- Blessed be Jehovah the God of Israel, from eternity and to eternity!
And all the people said, Amen!
and praised Jehovah.
- And he left there, before the ark of the covenant of Jehovah, Asaph and his brethren, to do the service before the ark continually, as every day's duty required;
- and Obed-Edom, and their brethren, sixty-eight;
Obed-Edom also, the son of Jeduthun, and Hosah as doorkeepers.
- And Zadok the priest, and his brethren the priests, before the tabernacle of Jehovah in the high place that was at Gibeon,
- to offer up burnt-offerings to Jehovah on the altar of burnt-offering continually, morning and evening, and according to all that is written in the law of Jehovah, which he commanded Israel;
- and with them Heman and Jeduthun, and the rest that were chosen, who were expressed by name, to give thanks to Jehovah, because his loving-kindness [endureth] for ever;
- and with them, [with] Heman and Jeduthun, trumpets and cymbals for those that should sound aloud;
and the musical instruments of God.
And the sons of Jeduthun were at the gate.
- And all the people departed every one to his house;
and David returned to bless his household.