- These are the sons of Israel: Reuben, Simeon, Levi and Judah, Issachar and Zebulun,
- Dan, Joseph and Benjamin, Naphtali, Gad and Asher.
- The sons of Judah: Er, and Onan, and Shelah: [which] three were born to him of the daughter of Shua the Canaanitess.
And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of Jehovah;
and he slew him.
- And Tamar his daughter-in-law bore him Pherez and Zerah.
All the sons of Judah were five.
- The sons of Pherez: Hezron and Hamul.
- And the sons of Zerah: Zimri, and Ethan, and Heman, and Calcol, and Dara: five of them in all.
- And the sons of Carmi: Achar, the troubler of Israel, who transgressed in the accursed thing.
- And the sons of Ethan: Azariah.
- And the sons of Hezron, who were born to him: Jerahmeel, and Ram, and Chelubai.
- And Ram begot Amminadab;
and Amminadab begot Nahshon, prince of the children of Judah;
- and Nahshon begot Salma, and Salma begot Boaz,
- and Boaz begot Obed, and Obed begot Jesse;
- and Jesse begot his firstborn Eliab, and Abinadab the second, and Shimea the third,
- Nethaneel the fourth, Raddai the fifth,
- Ozem the sixth, David the seventh;
- and their sisters were Zeruiah and Abigail.
And the sons of Zeruiah: Abishai, and Joab, and Asahel, three.
- And Abigail bore Amasa;
and the father of Amasa was Jether the Ishmaelite.
- And Caleb the son of Hezron had children by Azubah [his] wife, and by Jerioth: her sons are these: Jesher, and Shobab, and Ardon.
- And Azubah died, and Caleb took him Ephrath, and she bore him Hur.
- And Hur begot Uri, and Uri begot Bezaleel.
- And afterwards Hezron went to the daughter of Machir, the father of Gilead, and he took her when he was sixty years old;
and she bore him Segub.
- And Segub begot Jair, who had twenty-three cities in the land of Gilead;
- and Geshur and Aram took the villages of Jair from them, with Kenath and its dependent towns, sixty cities.
All these were sons of Machir the father of Gilead.
- And after the death of Hezron in Caleb-Ephratah, Abijah, Hezron's wife, bore him Ashhur, the father of Tekoa.
- And the sons of Jerahmeel the firstborn of Hezron were: Ram the firstborn, and Bunah, and Oren, and Ozem, of Ahijah.
- And Jerahmeel had another wife, whose name was Atarah;
she was the mother of Onam.
- And the sons of Ram, the firstborn of Jerahmeel, were Maaz, and Jamin, and Eker.
- And the sons of Onam were Shammai and Jada.
And the sons of Shammai: Nadab and Abishur.
- And the name of the wife of Abishur was Abihail, and she bore him Ahban and Molid.
- And the sons of Nadab: Seled and Appaim;
and Seled died without sons.
- And the sons of Appaim: Jishi;
and the sons of Jishi: Sheshan;
and the sons of Sheshan: Ahlai.
- And the sons of Jada, the brother of Shammai: Jether and Jonathan;
and Jether died without sons.
- And the sons of Jonathan: Peleth and Zaza.
These were the sons of Jerahmeel.
- And Sheshan had no sons, but daughters;
and Sheshan had an Egyptian servant, whose name was Jarha;
- and Sheshan gave his daughter to Jarha his servant as wife, and she bore him Attai.
- And Attai begot Nathan, and Nathan begot Zabad,
- and Zabad begot Ephlal, and Ephlal begot Obed,
- and Obed begot Jehu, and Jehu begot Azariah,
- and Azariah begot Helez, and Helez begot Elasah,
- and Elasah begot Sismai, and Sismai begot Shallum,
- and Shallum begot Jekamiah, and Jekamiah begot Elishama.
- And the sons of Caleb the brother of Jerahmeel were Mesha his firstborn, who was the father of Ziph;
and the sons of Mareshah the father of Hebron.
- And the sons of Hebron: Korah, and Tappuah, and Rekem, and Shema.
- And Shema begot Raham, the father of Jorkeam.
And Rekem begot Shammai;
- and the son of Shammai was Maon;
and Maon was the father of Beth-zur.
- And Ephah, Caleb's concubine, bore Haran, and Moza, and Gazez;
and Haran begot Gazez.
- And the sons of Jehdai: Regem, and Jotham, and Geshan, and Pelet, and Ephah, and Shaaph.
- Maachah, Caleb's concubine, bore Sheber and Tirhanah;
- and she bore Shaaph the father of Madmannah, Sheva the father of Machbena and the father of Gibea.
And the daughter of Caleb was Achsah.
- These are the sons of Caleb.
The sons of Hur, the firstborn of Ephratah: Shobal the father of Kirjath-jearim,
- Salma the father of Bethlehem, Hareph the father of Beth-gader.
- And Shobal the father of Kirjath-jearim had sons: Haroeh, Hazi-Hammenuhoth.
- And the families of Kirjath-jearim were the Jithrites, and the Puthites, and the Shumathites, and the Mishraites;
of them came the Zoreathites and the Eshtaolites.
- The sons of Salma: Bethlehem, and the Netophathites.
Atroth-Beth-Joab, and the Hazi-Hammana-hethites, the Zorites;
- and the families of the scribes who dwelt at Jabez: the Tireathites, the Shimeathites, the Suchathites.
These are the Kenites that came of Hammath, the father of the house of Rechab.