- Let a man so account of us as servants of Christ, and stewards of [the] mysteries of God.
- Here, further, it is sought in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
- But for me it is the very smallest matter that I be examined of you or of man's day.
Nor do I even examine myself.
- For I am conscious of nothing in myself;
but I am not justified by this: but he that examines me is the Lord.
- So that do not judge anything before [the] time, until the Lord shall come, who shall also both bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and shall make manifest the counsels of hearts;
and then shall each have [his] praise from God.
- Now these things, brethren, I have transferred, in their application, to myself and Apollos, for your sakes, that ye may learn in us the [lesson of] not [letting your thoughts go] above what is written, that ye may not be puffed up one for [such a] one against another.
- For who makes thee to differ?
and what hast thou which thou hast not received?
but if also thou hast received, why boastest thou as not receiving?
- Already ye are filled;
already ye have been enriched;
ye have reigned without us;
and I would that ye reigned, that *we* also might reign with you.
- For I think that God has set us the apostles for the last, as appointed to death.
For we have become a spectacle to the world, both to angels and men.
- *We* [are] fools for Christ's sake, but *ye* prudent in Christ: *we* weak, but *ye* strong: *ye* glorious, but *we* in dishonour.
- To the present hour we both hunger and thirst, and are in nakedness, and buffeted, and wander without a home,
- and labour, working with our own hands.
Railed at, we bless;
persecuted, we suffer [it];
- insulted, we entreat: we are become as [the] offscouring of the world, [the] refuse of all, until now.
- Not [as] chiding do I write these things to you, but as my beloved children I admonish [you].
- For if ye should have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet not many fathers;
for in Christ Jesus *I* have begotten you through the glad tidings.
- I entreat you therefore, be my imitators.
- For this reason I have sent to you Timotheus, who is my beloved and faithful child in [the] Lord, who shall put you in mind of my ways [as] they [are] in Christ, according as I teach everywhere in every assembly.
- But some have been puffed up, as if I were not coming to you;
- but I will come quickly to you, if the Lord will;
and I will know, not the word of those that are puffed up, but the power.
- For the kingdom of God [is] not in word, but in power.
- What will ye?
that I come to you with a rod;
or in love, and [in] a spirit of meekness?