- Every one that believes that Jesus is the Christ is begotten of God;
and every one that loves him that has begotten loves also him that is begotten of him.
- Hereby know we that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep his commandments.
- For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments;
and his commandments are not grievous.
- For all that has been begotten of God gets the victory over the world;
and this is the victory which has gotten the victory over the world, our faith.
- Who is he that gets the victory over the world, but he that believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
- This is he that came by water and blood, Jesus [the] Christ;
not by water only, but by water and blood.
And it is the Spirit that bears witness, for the Spirit is the truth.
- For they that bear witness are three:
- the Spirit, and the water, and the blood;
and the three agree in one.
- If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater.
For this is the witness of God [which] he has witnessed concerning his Son.
- He that believes on the Son of God has the witness in himself;
he that does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the witness which God has witnessed concerning his Son.
- And this is the witness, that God has given to us eternal life;
and this life is in his Son.
- He that has the Son has life: he that has not the Son of God has not life.
- These things have I written to you that ye may know that ye have eternal life who believe on the name of the Son of God.
- And this is the boldness which we have towards him, that if we ask him anything according to his will he hears us.
- And if we know that he hears us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions which we have asked of him.
- If any one see his brother sinning a sin not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life, for those that do not sin unto death.
There is a sin to death: I do not say of that that he should make a request.
- Every unrighteousness is sin;
and there is a sin not to death.
- We know that every one begotten of God does not sin, but he that has been begotten of God keeps himself, and the wicked [one] does not touch him.
- We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies in the wicked [one].
- And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us an understanding that we should know him that [is] true;
and we are in him that [is] true, in his Son Jesus Christ.
He is the true God and eternal life.
- Children, keep yourselves from idols.