- Do we begin again to commend ourselves?
or do we need, as some, commendatory letters to you, or [commendatory] from you?
- *Ye* are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read of all men,
- being manifested to be Christ's epistle ministered by us, written, not with ink, but [the] Spirit of [the] living God;
not on stone tables, but on fleshy tables of [the] heart.
- And such confidence have we through the Christ towards God:
- not that we are competent of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves, but our competency [is] of God;
- who has also made us competent, [as] ministers of [the] new covenant;
not of letter, but of spirit.
For the letter kills, but the Spirit quickens.
- (But if the ministry of death, in letters, graven in stones, began with glory, so that the children of Israel could not fix their eyes on the face of Moses, on account of the glory of his face, [a glory] which is annulled;
- how shall not rather the ministry of the Spirit subsist in glory?
- For if the ministry of condemnation [be] glory, much rather the ministry of righteousness abounds in glory.
- For also that [which was] glorified is not glorified in this respect, on account of the surpassing glory.
- For if that annulled [was introduced] with glory, much rather that which abides [subsists] in glory.
- Having therefore such hope, we use much boldness:
- and not according as Moses put a veil on his own face, so that the children of Israel should not fix their eyes on the end of that annulled.
- But their thoughts have been darkened, for unto this day the same veil remains in reading the old covenant, unremoved, which in Christ is annulled.
- But unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil lies upon their heart.
- But when it shall turn to [the] Lord, the veil is taken away.)
- Now the Lord is the Spirit, but where the Spirit of [the] Lord [is, there is] liberty.
- But *we* all, looking on the glory of the Lord, with unveiled face, are transformed according to the same image from glory to glory, even as by [the] Lord [the] Spirit.