- Thus saith Jehovah: For three transgressions of Moab, and for four, I will not revoke its sentence;
because he burned the bones of the king of Edom into lime.
- And I will send a fire upon Moab, and it shall devour the palaces of Kerijoth;
and Moab shall die with tumult, with shouting, [and] with the sound of the trumpet.
- And I will cut off the judge from the midst thereof, and will slay all the princes thereof with him, saith Jehovah.
- Thus saith Jehovah: For three transgressions of Judah, and for four, I will not revoke its sentence;
because they have despised the law of Jehovah, and have not kept his statutes;
and their lies have caused them to err, after which their fathers walked.
- And I will send a fire upon Judah, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem.
- Thus saith Jehovah: For three transgressions of Israel, and for four, I will not revoke its sentence;
because they have sold the righteous for silver, and the needy for a pair of shoes;
- panting after the dust of the earth on the head of the poor, and turning aside the way of the meek;
and a man and his father will go in unto the [same] maid, to profane my holy name.
- And they lay [themselves] down by every altar upon clothes taken in pledge, and they drink [in] the house of their God the wine of the condemned.
- But I destroyed the Amorite before them, whose height was as the height of the cedars, and he was strong as the oaks;
but I destroyed his fruit from above, and his roots from beneath.
- And I brought you up from the land of Egypt, and led you forty years in the wilderness, to possess the land of the Amorite.
- And I raised up of your sons for prophets, and of your young men for Nazarites.
Is it not even thus, ye children of Israel?
- And ye gave the Nazarites wine to drink;
and commanded the prophets, saying, Prophesy not.
- Behold, I will press upon you, as a cart presseth that is full of sheaves.
- And flight shall perish from the swift, and the strong shall not strengthen his force, neither shall the mighty deliver his soul.
- Neither shall he stand that handleth the bow;
and the swift of foot shall not escape, and he that rideth the horse shall not deliver his soul;
- and he that is stout-hearted among the mighty shall flee away naked in that day, saith Jehovah.