- I saw the Lord standing upon the altar;
and he said, Smite the chapiter that the thresholds may shake;
and break all of them in pieces, in the head;
and I will slay the last of them with the sword: he that fleeth of them shall not get away by flight, and he that escapeth of them shall not be delivered.
- Though they dig into Sheol, thence shall my hand take them;
and though they climb up to the heavens, thence will I bring them down;
- and though they hide themselves on the top of Carmel, I will search and take them out thence;
and though they be hid from my sight in the bottom of the sea, there will I command the serpent, and it shall bite them;
- and though they go into captivity before their enemies, there will I command the sword, and it shall slay them: and I will set mine eyes upon them for evil, and not for good.
- And the Lord Jehovah of hosts is he that toucheth the land, and it melteth, and all that dwell therein shall mourn;
and it shall wholly rise up like the Nile, and sink down as the river of Egypt.
- It is he that buildeth his upper chambers in the heavens, and hath founded his vault upon the earth;
he that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: Jehovah is his name.
- Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel?
Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt?
and the Philistines from Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir?
- Behold, the eyes of the Lord Jehovah are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth: only that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith Jehovah.
- For behold, I command, and I will shake the house of Israel to and fro among all the nations, like as one shaketh [corn] in a sieve;
yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.
- All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, who say, Evil shall not overtake nor befall us.
- In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David which is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof;
and I will raise up its ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:
- that they may possess the remnant of Edom, and all the nations upon whom my name is called, saith Jehovah who doeth this.
- Behold, the days come, saith Jehovah, when the ploughman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed;
and the mountains shall drop new wine, and all the hills shall melt.
- And I will turn again the captivity of my people Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them;
and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof;
and they shall make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.
- And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be plucked up out of their land which I have given them, saith Jehovah thy God.