- And Jehovah said to Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh;
for by a strong hand shall he let them go, and by a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land.
- And God spoke to Moses, and said to him, I am Jehovah.
- And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, as the Almighty God;
but by my name Jehovah I was not made known to them.
- And I established also my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, in which they were sojourners.
- And I have heard also the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians have forced to serve, and I have remembered my covenant.
- Therefore say unto the children of Israel, I am Jehovah, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will deliver you from their service, and I will redeem you with a stretched-out arm, and with great judgments.
- And I will take you to me for a people, and will be your God;
and ye shall know that I, Jehovah your God, am he who bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
- And I will bring you into the land concerning which I swore to give it unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob;
and I will give it you for a possession: I am Jehovah.
- And Moses spoke thus to the children of Israel;
but they did not listen to Moses from anguish of spirit, and from hard service.
- And Jehovah spoke to Moses, saying,
- Go in, speak unto Pharaoh king of Egypt, that he let the children of Israel go out of his land.
- And Moses spoke before Jehovah, saying, Lo, the children of Israel do not hearken to me: how then should Pharaoh hearken to me, to me of uncircumcised lips?
- And Jehovah spoke to Moses and to Aaron, and gave them a commandment to the children of Israel, and to Pharaoh king of Egypt, to bring the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt.
- These are the heads of their fathers' houses: the sons of Reuben, the firstborn of Israel: Enoch and Phallu, Hezron and Carmi: these are the families of Reuben.
- — And the sons of Simeon: Jemuel, and Jamin, and Ohad, and Jachin, and Zohar, and Saul the son of a Canaanitish woman: these are the families of Simeon.
- And these are the names of the sons of Levi, according to their generations: Gershon, and Kohath, and Merari.
And the years of the life of Levi were a hundred and thirty-seven years.
- The sons of Gershon: Libni and Shimei, according to their families.
- And the sons of Kohath: Amram, and Jizhar, and Hebron, and Uzziel.
And the years of the life of Kohath were a hundred and thirty-three years.
- And the sons of Merari: Mahli and Mushi: these are the families of Levi according to their generations.
- And Amram took Jochebed his aunt as wife;
and she bore him Aaron and Moses.
And the years of the life of Amram were a hundred and thirty-seven years.
- And the sons of Jizhar: Korah, and Nepheg, and Zicri.
- And the sons of Uzziel: Mishael, and Elzaphan, and Sithri.
- And Aaron took Elisheba, daughter of Amminadab, sister of Nahshon, as wife;
and she bore him Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar.
- And the sons of Korah: Assir, and Elkanah, and Abiasaph: these are the families of the Korahites.
- And Eleazar Aaron's son took [one] of the daughters of Putiel as wife;
and she bore him Phinehas: these are the heads of the fathers of the Levites according to their families.
- This is that Aaron and Moses, to whom Jehovah said, Bring out the children of Israel from the land of Egypt according to their hosts.
- These are they who spoke to Pharaoh king of Egypt, to bring out the children of Israel from Egypt: this is that Moses and Aaron.
- And it came to pass on the day when Jehovah spoke to Moses in the land of Egypt,
- that Jehovah spoke to Moses, saying, I am Jehovah: speak thou unto Pharaoh king of Egypt all that I say unto thee.
- And Moses said before Jehovah, Behold, I am of uncircumcised lips, and how will Pharaoh hearken unto me?