- And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak with thee.
- And the Spirit entered into me when he spoke unto me, and set me upon my feet;
and I heard him that spoke unto me.
- And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to nations that are rebellious, which have rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me unto this very day;
- and these children are impudent and hard-hearted: I am sending thee unto them;
and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah.
- And they, whether they will hear or whether they will forbear — for they are a rebellious house — yet shall they know that there hath been a prophet among them.
- And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, and be not afraid of their words;
for briars and thorns are with thee, and thou dwellest among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, and be not dismayed at their faces;
for they are a rebellious house.
- And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear or whether they will forbear;
for they are rebellious.
- And thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee;
be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee.
- And I looked, and behold, a hand was put forth toward me;
and behold, a roll of a book therein.
- And he spread it out before me;
and it was written within and without;
and there were written in it lamentations, and mourning, and woe.