- And the word of Jehovah came unto me, saying,
- Son of man, set thy face against the children of Ammon, and prophesy against them;
- and say unto the children of Ammon, Hear the word of the Lord Jehovah.
Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Because thou saidst, Aha, against my sanctuary, when it was profaned;
and against the land of Israel, when it was made desolate;
and against the house of Judah, when they went into captivity:
- therefore behold, I will give thee to the children of the east for a possession, and they shall set their encampments in thee, and make their dwellings in thee;
they shall eat thy fruits, and they shall drink thy milk.
- And I will make Rabbah a pasture for camels, and the children of Ammon a couching-place for flocks: and ye shall know that I [am] Jehovah.
- For thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Because thou hast clapped the hands, and stamped with the feet, and rejoiced with all the despite of thy soul against the land of Israel;
- therefore behold, I will stretch out my hand upon thee, and will give thee for a spoil to the nations;
and I will cut thee off from the peoples, and I will cause thee to perish out of the countries: I will destroy thee, and thou shalt know that I [am] Jehovah.
- Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Because Moab and Seir do say, Behold, the house of Judah is like unto all the nations,
- therefore behold, I will open the side of Moab from the cities, from his cities even to the last of them, the glory of the country, Beth-jeshimoth, Baal-meon, and Kirjathaim,
- unto the children of the east, with [the land of] the children of Ammon;
and I will give it them for a possession, that the children of Ammon may not be remembered among the nations:
- and I will execute judgments upon Moab, and they shall know that I [am] Jehovah.
- Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Because Edom hath dealt against the house of Judah by taking vengeance, and hath made himself very guilty, and revenged himself upon them,
- therefore thus saith the Lord Jehovah: I will also stretch out my hand upon Edom;
and will cut off man and beast from it;
and I will make it desolate from Teman;
and unto Dedan shall they fall by the sword.
- And I will execute my vengeance upon Edom, by the hand of my people Israel;
and they shall do in Edom according to mine anger and according to my fury;
and they shall know my vengeance, saith the Lord Jehovah.
- Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Because the Philistines have dealt by revenge, and have taken vengeance with despite of soul, to destroy, from old hatred;
- therefore thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I stretch out my hands upon the Philistines, and I will cut off the Kerethites, and cause the remnant of the sea-coast to perish.
- And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes;
and they shall know that I [am] Jehovah, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.