- In the tenth year, in the tenth [month], on the twelfth of the month, the word of Jehovah came unto me, saying,
- Son of man, set thy face against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and prophesy against him, and against the whole of Egypt;
- speak, and say, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great monster that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which saith, My river is mine own, and I made it for myself.
- And I will put hooks in thy jaws, and I will cause the fish of thy rivers to stick unto thy scales, and I will bring thee up out of the midst of thy rivers, and all the fish of thy rivers shall stick unto thy scales;
- and I will cast thee into the wilderness, thee and all the fish of thy rivers: thou shalt fall upon the open field;
thou shalt not be brought together nor gathered: I will give thee for meat to the beasts of the earth and to the fowl of the heavens.
- And all the inhabitants of Egypt shall know that I [am] Jehovah, because they have been a staff of reed to the house of Israel.
- When they took hold of thee by thy hand, thou didst give way and rend all their shoulder;
and when they leaned upon thee, thou didst break, and didst make all their loins to tremble.
- Therefore thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will bring a sword upon thee, and cut off man and beast from thee.
- And the land of Egypt shall be a desolation and a waste: and they shall know that I [am] Jehovah, because he saith, The river is mine, and I made it.
- Therefore behold, I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt deserts of wasteness and desolation, from Migdol to Syene, even unto the border of Ethiopia.
- No foot of man shall pass through it, nor shall foot of beast pass through it, nor shall it be inhabited, forty years.
- And I will make the land of Egypt a desolation in the midst of the countries that are desolated, and her cities shall be, in the midst of the cities that are laid waste, a desolation forty years;
and I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries.
- Yet thus saith the Lord Jehovah: At the end of forty years will I gather the Egyptians from the peoples whither they were scattered;
- and I will turn again the captivity of Egypt, and will cause them to return to the land of Pathros, into the land of their birth, and they shall there be a base kingdom.
- It shall be the basest of kingdoms;
neither shall it exalt itself any more above the nations;
and I will diminish them, so that they shall no more rule over the nations.
- And it shall be no more the confidence of the house of Israel, bringing iniquity to remembrance, when they turn after them: and they shall know that I [am] the Lord Jehovah.
- And it came to pass in the twenty-seventh year, in the first [month], on the first of the month, [that] the word of Jehovah came unto me, saying,
- Son of man, Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon caused his army to do hard service against Tyre;
every head was made bald, and every shoulder was peeled: yet had he from Tyre no wages, nor his army, for the service that he had served against it.
- Therefore thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will give the land of Egypt unto Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon;
and he shall carry away her multitude, and seize her spoil, and take her prey;
and it shall be the wages for his army.
- I have given him the land of Egypt for his labour wherewith he served against it, because they wrought for me, saith the Lord Jehovah.
- In that day will I cause the horn of the house of Israel to bud forth, and I will give thee the opening of the mouth in the midst of them: and they shall know that I [am] Jehovah.